Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Alaska Airlines 737-800 KPHL to KSEA (Warning! Big pictures!)

The airport in #7 is KFAR, Fargo Hector International!

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Amazing shots! What REX sky settings are you using? They look very realistic.

No Rex for me, this is the freeware HDEv2.0 cloud/sky texture set.  Just as good as the payware products, without the heavy load that the 2048 or 4096 cloud sets put on system resources. 

The airport in #7 is KFAR, Fargo Hector International!

Good eyes!   I do remember making a mental note to myself when in cruising to look out for Fargo, can't believe I didn't make the connection.  I knew I snapped this photo for a reason.

Incredible shots, I really enjoyed these. I hope FS recorder, UT and HDEv2.0 work with Prepar3d. I am not keen to revert back to FSX as a result of such a solid experience with p3d.

Thanks again!

J.T Utley

Guest Mik75

These are really great shots!

I was surprised at the shot (picture #6) you took, it's over my hometown of Erie, PA...not that I am that proud, but neat to see none the less.  I especially like the cross-wind landing too.  Thanks for the great montage of your flight.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great shots!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I want more.....Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.

Regis Biassala 

I think I've decided on my next flight, how does KSEA to Juneau AK sound?   I need to read up on the runway 8 LDA approach, it's been a while since I've flown that kind of ILS approach, last was PHNL I believe.

Amazing shots! Makes me want to pull the plug and upgrade my PC to FSX - why you do this to me!! :lol:

NGXfanatic, on 03 Jul 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

I think I've decided on my next flight, how does KSEA to Juneau AK sound? I need to read up on the runway 8 LDA approach, it's been a while since I've flown that kind of ILS approach, last was PHNL I believe.

That sounds good. But I really want to see somebody fly into KDCA! I never see anybody do it, I'm assuming there aren't really any sceneries for it, due to security issues, but it would be cool, let's not forget Alaska Air flies there from both Seattle and Portland :ph34r: . A flight to Phoenix [my home] would be pretty awesome too.

I'd love to tackle KDCA sometime, to try out the visual or RNP approaches to rny 19.  Must be quite the view out the window!

I have to make it my next long haul out of KSEA, after the next destination which will be one of the Pacific Fjord airfields out in the sticks!