Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

How is a real world take off done

It seems I have two options for a "real world" take off ( PMDG-737 )

a) Advance throttle to 40 % N1 and then press TOGA.

B) Just advance the throttle compeletly forward and not pressing TOGA

Both methods work and I now wonder what method is used in the real world ?

Hubert Werni

Push Throttles forward, pull control column back.

If houses start getting big pull back if houses getting to small push forward.

Simple.

I was wondering how many of the above are RW 737 drivers.

I would say 0 or less. I believe everything was said tongue in cheek! :D Personally I do floor it when I fly IRL and I'm airborne in about 50-60 meters. Needless to say it's another aircraft class! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I was wondering how many of the above are RW 737 drivers. I am not, but I do not believe normal procedure is ever to firewall the throttle for takeoff for any airline. It puts too much stress on the engines at the most critical phase of flight. If this is incorrect will a RW 737 driver please chime in and correct me. 

Thanks,

Ron

Ron, I think you should take some of the above comments with a pinch of salt ;)

Rob Prest

Along with the already stated basis for the two-stage thrust setting technique, part of the reason for stabilising engines at an intermediate thrust setting before applying t/o power is to ensure that the engines have spooled up evenly first.

Snapping the thrust levers to full power introduces the potential for a situation where one engine lags or otherwise fails to deliver thrust, at which point you have a whole bunch of asymmetric thrust and a fairly limited amount of control authority to deal with it.

Of course, with failures off in FSX, that doesn't apply. So if you feel like 'dropping the hammer' in a near-empty 737-600 and aiming for the moon, I say go for it! (C'mon, we've all done it at least once, right?)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Matt C./Spin737 is, if I'm not mistaken (or at least, he pretends to be one; of course, no one would ever embellish their bona fides on the Internet, now would they? :lol: ).

Indeed you would - this is one example of where the pilots didn't bother to check because they were in a hurry  ... (lots of other useful info in there too):

http://www.performance737.com/files/Sydney140707.pdf

Cheers

Thanks Paul, that was a very interesting read!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Once you're an NGX customer, you're a RW NG driver  :lol:  :P

I attach a page from a B737 FCOM.

Gerry, I don't want to be a pain in the @ss but take a look at the small print of that screenshot. lets not cause any extra work for Avsim staff.

Rob Prest

Matt C./Spin737 is, if I'm not mistaken (or at least, he pretends to be one; of course, no one would ever embellish their bona fides on the Internet, now would they? :lol: ).

I'm also a space cowboy and Supreme Ruler of the Cosmos! :wink:

My dayjob is 737 FO, however. I pretty much troll here since you guys ask good questions and it keeps me in the books.

Matt Cee

it's 1 page of almost 3000. I think "fair use" applies.

No it doesn't

Fair enough. Then we may not quote anything from any other site unless it explicitly states it is not copyright?

I realize that a lot of these answers should be taken with a pinch of salt but it does not help the topic starter. 

Thanks,

Ron

No it doesn't

Stephen - I'm no copyright lawyer but I don't understand why this small extract for non-commercial, "educational", illustrative purposes would not be fair use - can you elaborate? One could even argue that the extract is a "method of operation" rather than an original work and therefore not even covered under copyright law?

I can however see that it probably doesn't comply with Avsim's ToS - which are more restrictive and not the same thing as the wider fair use doctrine. Clearly it would have been better if the post had contained the appropriate sentence transcribed with quotation marks around it or have pointed us all the appropriate page of the PMDG FCOM which we all, as owners of the product, have a copy of.

Sorry that we are very off topic. Not trying to pick a fight - but am interested in the logic.

Cheers

Paul

Paul Hand

Sorry that we are very off topic. Not trying to pick a fight - but am interested in the logic.

Glad to hear it. It does not matter whatsoever anyone considers is or is not fair use, otherwise they would be holding AVSIM liable for what may be found to be in error in a court judgment. It's there for a reason.

There is no fair use of copyright material in Avsim.

What about this policy is unclear?

http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/copyrights.html

COPYRIGHT MATERIAL AND USE ON AVSIM

QUOTE;

The use of material such as images, brochures, documents, news articles, etc., on AVSIM is subject to Copyright Laws and our Terms of Service. There is no interpretations of Copyright Law, internationally accepted by nearly all countries in the world. It is very simple.

USE OF MATERAIL ON AVSIM: If you do not own the material, image, document, brochure, publication, YOU MUST HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM ITS OWNER to post it on AVSIM. You can link to that material by providing a simple URL, but you cannot place that material on AVSIM period.

When you do, you place AVSIM at risk and you are in violation of our Terms of Service. Violations will result in an initial one time suspension and any subsequent violation will result in total banning.

USE OF MATERIAL FROM AVSIM: Copying and pasting of material from AVSIM,

ANY CONTENT,

is a violation of our copyright and our Terms of Service. Violators will be treated as above.

Do not violate Copyright Laws or our Terms of Service.

UNQUOTE

This copyright topic is off subject and should stop here.

Kind regards,