Sign in to follow this  
sidh

FSX has no cure..About to give up

20 fps is fine for manvauvers in Cessna and most planes. Rather have smooth frames than jerky frames. Some people like me notice problems when frames are below 20 some notice below 50. Goal make it smooth not get frame addiction at the expense of flying.

Very true.

Shame. Because I've got both and with same complex add-on airports - free and pay - on both platforms that look the same on both(actually some look better on fs9), but with the the ability to use 3 times+(30-40+ rather then a boring 10 at airport) ai in fs9 with better resolution clouds, some (new) ground textures that barely look noticeably worse in fs9, and same autogen, I get my locked 30fps and stays there.

FSX falls short on that mark by some margin which is not just un-enjoyable...its just not worth it. All with a non-k I5-2500 and gtx560!

Trouble is, FSX users have convinced themselves on this ridiculous 'smoothness' thing where they think 15-20 fps is 'smooth'. Not even close.

I guess we can't all have what us fs9'ers have got.

Than you better stick with fs9  than if  you feel its better than fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I had 21 tonight with NGX, ORBX CANBERRA, OPUS WEATHER and SWEET FSX smooth as butter and sunset was magnificent. On VATPAC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Give this a whirl.   I have been getting a lot of good feedback that this has helped a lot of people get better performance with their FSX.

As you can see in the shots my FPS are thru the roof and my system specs are listed here and you are running a bigger system than mine. 

All of my scenery sliders are maxed out. 

That's the only way to fly FSX!

Here are some shots showing my FPS (And I am not gloating just trying to help and show what's possible with some tweaking)

This is the PMDG 737-800WL / with Shockwave 3D lights  -  REX Essentials Plus Overdrive, Natural ENB, FSWC 3.15,  FlyTampa - Tampa Rebooted AP and Photoreal MegaScenery X Florida all running at the same time.

vrEWB.jpg

z2M1p.jpg

cbW6R.jpg

JuEni.jpg

AePYH.jpg

tRcyI.png

Guest FSMP

I sincerely had no clue the topic would turn into FS9 vs FSX. I was rather expecting solutions and opinions..

Thanks to those who have helped me and guys please everyone has personal choices . All cannot be the same we're all different people who share different views. Simple

Simple solution that goes a long way to help --- RE-BOOT your PC before you start up FSX.

Not a Cure-all, but can significantly help.

That being said, I think that many now have an unrealistic expectation of a piece of software that is over 7 years old, and only cost about $60 when released. ( More like $25 if purchased now).

A lot has changed in 7 years .....

A picture is worth 1000 words so if you look at a typical current FSX installation like this - then the reality might be a little more apparent ....

Overloaded+car+%2528KS%2529.jpg

FSX will perform just fine no matter how old it is, you just have to tweak it right. And it still cost $50 or 60 bucks. So your advice for better FSX performance is to do a re-boot? Would help you more if you used Ccleaner and cleaned your cache and registry and ran a program like Iobit system cleaner (freeware) then do a re-boot.

And I don't agree with your comment about too much my FSX folder is at just over 260GB of Add-ons and that doesn't affect my FSX performance at all. 

tRcyI.png

Trouble is, FSX users have convinced themselves on this ridiculous 'smoothness' thing where they think 15-20 fps is 'smooth'. Not even close.

20fps is perfectly acceptable to me. I can easily hand fly an aircraft in FSX at that framerate.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Frame rate smoothness will vary from person to person. But Stutters should not be confused with a slow frame rate.

You could have stutters at 30 or 40 FPS. I believe that stutters are a rendering problem to do with memory timing. Personally I would have a problem with the frame rate going below about 27 or 28 FPS but I could live with 24 or 25 if it was stutter free and blurries free.

Give this a whirl. I have been getting a lot of good feedback that this has helped a lot of people get better performance with their FSX.

As you can see in the shots my FPS are thru the roof and my system specs are listed here and you are running a bigger system than mine.

All of my scenery sliders are maxed out.

That's the only way to fly FSX!

Here are some shots showing my FPS (And I am not gloating just trying to help and show what's possible with some tweaking)

This is the PMDG 737-800WL / with Shockwave 3D lights - REX Essentials Plus Overdrive, Natural ENB, FSWC 3.15, FlyTampa - Tampa Rebooted AP and Photoreal MegaScenery X Florida all running at the same time.

Thx for the link for the video before at ymml, using orbox airport using the ngx vc mode, I was only getting between 5 to 12 on the ground at gate21. Now after the tweaks iam getting between 15 to 22 on the ground which is a great improved especially at ymml on the ground

I also used james pdf for the extra tweaks that were mentioned in the video

Edited by firehawk44
Removed photos and video link in quote.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This thread is indicative of an individual who has problems. Now consider the plethora of individuals currently running FSX to their satisfaction, that have no need to post topics like this. There are many. I am among them. You will find we are individuals who accept the logic of compromise. Just as you accept the logic of compromise when you stick to an old title, namely FS9. When you do that you compromise by not benefiting from the superior elements of FSX.

When FSX was first released it slaughtered frame rate. That is no longer the case with modern powerful hardware. However... it will be the case for those who insist on installing a plethora of hyper detailed add-on's with sliders to the max, and high AI, and super high AA. To do this is to push an archaic engine to it's limits.

Just because FSX struggles when we whack the sliders to the max, and load it with all the other extreme demands some insist on .... doesn't mean we have to adopt those choices. FSX looks great even with somewhat lower slider settings. And when we add the fine tuning courtesy of tweaks like BP=0 the situation gets even better.

A vast number or simmers, haven't abandoned FS9 because they are stupid, they have done so because FSX offers real benefits. Same applies to the developers who have abandoned FS9 and now only develop for FSX. They aren't stupid, they see the benefits of FSX.

I just load up FS9 and fly and it has been like this for the last five years.

I just load up FSX and fly it.

I'm not getting that impression from FSX users and they've resorted to feeling like problems is just the nature of the beast

People with issues post about it on forums, the plethora of individuals who are happy don't have to. FSX is the predominant title. Thus you can expect more FSX issues posted about than FS9 issues. If the situation was reversed, you would obviously see more FS9 issues.

You can't have a thread like this and make like FSX is just awesome over everything else...

I am not making like FSX is awesome. It's not, it's an archaic engine, just as FS9 is. Aces bolted on features that the engine could barely handle. That situation is now eased due to the powerful kit many of us now use. But yes, it still has it's issues. And those issues are amplified when users insist on a bucket load of hyper detailed scenery add-ons, crazy slider settings, and all the other things some insist on.

FSX for me, with sliders eased off a bit, is superior to FS9 with sliders maxed. You will always get higher frame rate in FS9, simply because it's an older title and doesn't posses the demanding features that FSX does.

I've never seen a version of FS where people felt like that before

I certainly have, it was FS9 when it was first released. Max slider settings hammered it for me. There were plenty of other issues to deal with as well.

Well said Martin...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thank you Howard, when I win the lottery, I'll send you a few million for being so kind. Or perhaps a Ferrari. :biggrin: Let me know the model you would like.