Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwildkat

New cockpit for 737 MAX

Has anyone seen the latest release of boeing's frontiers online magazine? There is a spread in it with an artists rendering of the 737 MAX cockpit and its really something. A beautiful combination of 787-style MFDs and lots of 737NG common features. Imagine a PMDG MAX version for FSX. That would be awesome. 

Here's the link http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2013/july/#/8/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They are going from 8 inch screens to 12 inch screens and higher resolutions.

Good move.

It's very subtley different. Probabaly take a minimum of training from the NG,

Frank

When I am finished learning the NGX I am going on to Milviz 200 and then when PMDG does the 737 MAX expansion pack I will learn that. Is that the right order? LOL

Yeah I think Boing puts that "OLD" flap indicator in all of the aircraft still! ;)

They are going from 8 inch screens to 12 inch screens and higher resolutions.

Good move.

It's very subtley different. Probabaly take a minimum of training from the NG,

Frank

I thought they were 15.1" screens like the dreamliner? 

As long as it doesn't have the problems that the 787 has then it's okay.

Addit -- looks like the source says the LCD will be 9x12" LCD's which equates to about a 15.1" size diagonal LCD

I am considering building the MAX cockpit over the old style (haha) NG cockpit, but finding an LCD replica may be difficult.

Which means that it is a 15" screen.

Pythagorean theorem

a2+b2=c2

92+122=c2

225=c2

15=c

Sorry, but when I actually find a use for high school math I like to use it, then it's not a total loss.

I want to see the If Boeing made any changes to the overhead panel. The 737 overhead panel has remained virtual unchanged since the 1960s.

Has anyone seen the latest release of boeing's frontiers online magazine? There is a spread in it with an artists rendering of the 737 MAX cockpit and its really something. A beautiful combination of 787-style MFDs and lots of 737NG common features. Imagine a PMDG MAX version for FSX. That would be awesome. 

Here's the link http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2013/july/#/8/

I read this magazine cover to cover. I was not aware that Boeing was that involved in satellites. Updating the B-52 in 2014!!!! That is Unreal. That puts her at 60 years and going strong. I definitely subscribed. 

Thanks,

Ron

I want to see the If Boeing made any changes to the overhead panel. The 737 overhead panel has remained virtual unchanged since the 1960s.

Pffffft. Yeah, right.

Pffffft. Yeah, right.

Lol i know right? I would hope they could leave at least most of the layout the same, but replace some switches with 777 style push-buttons

Lol i know right? I would hope they could leave at least most of the layout the same, but replace some switches with 777 style push-buttons

That is what I would like to see.

I think the Luddites at SWA put the kibosh on that with the NG.

That is what I would like to see.

I doubt that will happen, they'll want to keep as much commonality with the previous generations as possible. That's why the NG has the old style switches, to minimize differences from the Classic series, which itself was designed to minimize differences from the original series (100/200).

I can't believe they are showing the "six pack" press to recall flight warning system. That is without a doubt the worst part of the 737. It may work properly in the NGX but rarely works right on the the first press in the real plane. Actually sometimes it doesn't work right when there is an actual fault. With all that glass it's disappointing that they didn't come up with a proper EICAS system. Hell there's plenty of room to have one on the NG. Okay rant over.

I can't believe they are showing the "six pack" press to recall flight warning system. That is without a doubt the worst part of the 737. It may work properly in the NGX but rarely works right on the the first press in the real plane. Actually sometimes it doesn't work right when there is an actual fault. With all that glass it's disappointing that they didn't come up with a proper EICAS system. Hell there's plenty of room to have one on the NG. Okay rant over.

Master Caution? But there's no lights. . .  Press to test, half of the lights work. . . If this light goes out, it's a standby failure, if it stays on it's another thing. . .

Put it on one of those freaking huge LCDs, ya morons!

And I know there's a STEEP DESCENT after HAWKZ! You've told me 15 times and we're not even to cruise!

jeez they still need to get rid of that crappy six pack annunciator system

I'm also surprised that there is no chime or tone for when the master caution lights up. 

You do realise if they change or the systems it's a massive effort to get everything recertified with the FAA, etc.

The new displays simplifies things tremendously for the cockpit builder, but we probably won't see flyengravity or FDS bring a MIP of this model out until 2020 or when there is demand.