Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Thai Creations - Mumbai, India is out

So? Has anyone been able to flatten the surrounding area and get this to work properly.

I tried last night with no success, seems the airport is set to 27' when the charts say it sits @ 39'.

I noticed while taxiing my 77X that crossing RWY14 I seemed to drop about 15' then popped back up after clearing the RWY.

I was able to raise it to the point my AES crew wasn't below ground but then the marking hover about 10' from the tarmac.

Has anyone created a flatten file for this yet?

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I didn't have any mesh installed earlier. When Vector came out, I decided to give it a try but it had a pre-requisite : FSGlobal. 

After digging through my graveyard of DVDs, I finally found my copy of FSGlobal 2010, installed it followed by FTX Vector and lo and behold, elevation issues start to arise with floating lines and taxiway markers. 

I have already messaged the developer of the scenery via their Facebook page but haven't received a response yet. I might just get rid of Vector and keep the mesh as last I remember, the mesh alone gave me no issues until Vector was introduced to the sim. I'm not that familiar with renaming files or messing about with softwares that allow you to flatten some airport elevations, etc.

For me, the only option is to go back to the basics unless Thai Creations can offer some help with files that are compatible with mesh add ons.

I posted this in their Facebook yesterday to see if they will answer https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202932399894033&set=o.178774135505724&type=1&ref=nf

I'm not holding my breath...

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Well I don't hope to be cocky but, I believe I might have solved the problem. Did some flattening and excluding and seem to have a product that works.

I'm running FSGenesis with FTX and scenerytech and my lines are on the tarmac and no more falling through runways.

So far I'm happy with it.

VABB_zps7652d3b6.jpg

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I posted this in their Facebook yesterday to see if they will answer https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202932399894033&set=o.178774135505724&type=1&ref=nf I'm not holding my breath...

If you get an answer can you please share with us. It's a great destination but it annoys me that the developers are either unwilling or (worse still) incapable of fixing their own product. As I said before, without a fix for this they will not be getting a cent from me in future.

Tim

I bought Thai Creation's Mumbai a week ago and I have not noticed any problems.

I have flown it using the default Airtrike and the Quality Wings Avro RJ85.

For that part of the world, my scenery is only FSX default, rather than add-on scenery.

I wonder whether the problem only arises when add-on scenery-related products are also used.

I wonder whether the problem only arises when add-on scenery-related products are also used.

Yes, it only arises with using a 3rd party add on mesh, for me at least. I don't want to give up a sharper looking world just for this one scenery. 

Hopefully, someone who fixed it earlier with some flattening will share the new files.

I don´t have any mesh or FTX and I have that problem.

It looks exactly like in Luis screenshot.

Here's the file to try. Like I said it works on my setup.

Of course I take no responsibility here, just tried my best to make it work.

And of course make a backup of your original VABB_ADEX_ADE.BGL file as well.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers

http://www.4shared.com/file/XF-Pw48ece/VABB_ADEX_ADE.html

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Doesn't work for me. In addition to the floating taxiway lines, the scenery bleeds through the photo real textures below it when using your file.

Thanks anyway

Here's the file to try. Like I said it works on my setup.

Of course I take no responsibility here, just tried my best to make it work.

And of course make a backup of your original VABB_ADEX_ADE.BGL file as well.

Cheers

http://www.4shared.com/file/XF-Pw48ece/VABB_ADEX_ADE.html

It didn't work for me either, but thanks for your initiative on something the developer should be doing.  If they want to be in teh same league as the major developers, they are seriously failing on what is probably a simple fix.

Here is my post from Jan 16, still unanswered: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202932399894033&set=o.178774135505724&type=1&ref=nf

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Damn, Well it must be something in the order of mesh or something that's making it difficult for others.

I'll pull the file and keep trying.

Sorry Guys.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

For those using ORBX Vector try moving ORBX!Vector below 803 in the scenery library. Messes with some of the new road data associated with Vector like the sea link but it fixed all my runway issues including the sinking issue and the dual taxiway marks.