Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Hansen

Uninstalling Orbx FTX Global ........ how?

Ok, bought it, used it, hated it, want it to go away.      Interestingly, there does not appear to be a way to uninstall FTX Global in a P3D installation?     In fact, if you use FTX Central, there is no way to even deactivate FTX Global once it's already activated?      

Starting to really really regret everything about the Orbx Global Disaster.

Simply restore the backup textures the FTXG installation program prompted you to take care of before installation of the FTXG ones. No drama necessary.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Orbx is why Acronis True Image is my favourite utility software. B)

Another suspicious posting from someone with less than 30 total career posts.  There is getting to be lots of drama on avsim!  

• Upvote 1

Quite an expensive thing to delete from your FSX after only a few days of using it. This is why with things like this I wait and wait until a few months after initial release, because you just don't know. At-least thats my opinion.

Another suspicious posting from someone with less than 30 total career posts.  There is getting to be lots of drama on avsim!  

You may be right BUT is the OP right or wrong?

• Upvote 1

There currently is no "standard" way of uninstalling.

I have been switching back and forth by keeping 2 "Texture" folders in "Scenery\World"

One named Texture.fsx, one named Texture.ftxg , then just renaming the one I want to use by removing the file suffix before starting FSX

Of course, this assumes you made the backup of your texture files when promted by FTX-G, and you have the room on your hard-drive to keep both sets handy...

Ok, bought it, used it, hated it, want it to go away.      Interestingly, there does not appear to be a way to uninstall FTX Global in a P3D installation?     In fact, if you use FTX Central, there is no way to even deactivate FTX Global once it's already activated?      

Starting to really really regret everything about the Orbx Global Disaster.

Is there a way to transfer a license because I'd sure be willing to help you get part of your money back..

Ernest Pergrem

Guest ecg

OP is right. But none of the FTX line have an uninstall program.

Orbx has instructions on their site regarding uninstalling.

Obviously, the OP has not tried that resource before running here to post his distaste for the product. Again another post based on ignorance. Yes, its a bit suspicious.

For the record I never understood why they don't have an uninstall, shouldn't be that hard since there is an install program for their products. Having to manually uninstall is a pain and could potentially cause issues if you don't follow instructions well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Upvote 1

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yes, I'm 'suspicious', apparently some kind of evil nemesis to Orbx,  cleverly managing to infiltrate the forums here some time before FTX Global was even released, lying in wait to start a negative propaganda campaign.     If it hadn't been for you meddling kids my plan would've worked too (picture me making a fist and waving it menacingly in the air)!     :mad:      Senator McCarthy where are you?     

SIGH.     :rolleyes:

Ok, now pretending that I'm actually just someone who really does want to uninstall it, something ain't right.      The FTX Global installer successfully backed up my P3D files during the installation, but the P3D FTX Central control panel has no menu entry or facility to either deactivate FTX Global or restore my backed up P3D texture files.      Again, the textures WERE successfully backed up and are now residing happily in the designated backup folder (I've double checked).

In my windows start menu, there is a backup restore .bat file under the main Orbx entry, but that restore file points to my FSX installation, not my P3D one.     For the record, I own several other individual Orbx FTX regions and have them installed into my FSX installation, and I'm quite happy with them.    I only want FTX Global to go away from my P3D installation (I'm not all bad).    

In short, there is no apparent way to restore my backed up files and uninstall FTX Global from P3D.     There are several individual backup restore .bat files in my Prepar3d/Orbx folder, but they all point to autogen and building  textures, not the main scenery ones in my backed up P3D folder created by the FTX Global installer.   

I'm pretty sure none of this is my fault.    :O

• Upvote 3

Guest ecg

Yes, I'm 'suspicious', apparently some kind of evil nemesis to Orbx, cleverly managing to infiltrate the forums here some time before FTX Global was even released, lying in wait to start a negative propaganda campaign. If it hadn't been for you meddling kids my plan would've worked too (picture me making a fist and waving it menacingly in the air)! :mad: Senator McCarthy where are you?

SIGH. :rolleyes:

Ok, now pretending that I'm actually just someone who really does want to uninstall it, something ain't right. The FTX Global installer successfully backed up my P3D files during the installation, but the P3D FTX Central control panel has no menu entry or facility to either deactivate FTX Global or restore my backed up P3D texture files. Again, the textures WERE successfully backed up and are now residing happily in the designated backup folder (I've double checked).

In my windows start menu, there is a backup restore .bat file under the main Orbx entry, but that restore file points to my FSX installation, not my P3D one. For the record, I own several other individual Orbx FTX regions and have them installed into my FSX installation, and I'm quite happy with them. I only want FTX Global to go away from my P3D installation (I'm not all bad).

In short, there is no apparent way to restore my backed up files and uninstall FTX Global from P3D. There are several individual backup restore .bat files in my Prepar3d/Orbx folder, but they all point to autogen and building textures, not the main scenery ones in my backed up P3D folder created by the FTX Global installer.

I'm pretty sure none of this is my fault. :O

I applaud your response, made me laugh.

Your right , there is no 1 click solution. There is a post from JV on the orbx forum that an uninstaller will be available in a few days.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I really don't get any of you hating FTX Global. P3D for me now looks PERFECT, autogen and trees are plentiful and in the correct places.. I will NEVER go back to vanilla scenery or GEX.

• Upvote 4

I really don't get any of you hating FTX Global.

The OP stated that he has several of the Orbx FTX regions; if he spends any amount of time flying in those regions then FTX Global will pale by comparison.