Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

b0gey_dead_six

So I just got XP10

What should be the first few things I do for the sim? Not looking to spend any money on this platform yet as I plan to use it for General Aviation flying.. while using P3D for my heavies.

Get the app FSX2XP which can convert quite a few freeware airports to XP format

google it use it

Start with the included Cirrus for a fun and nice liitle craft

Check your install in Custom Scenery subfolder to see if you have free airports in Europe. Go there if you do.

What should be the first few things I do for the sim?

Learn it!  Use it!

Maybe see if any local airport scenery is available for your normal areas of flight, but I think first thing's first - Get your controllers set up the way you'd like them... start getting familiar with the various settings and options.... take some basic flights around the pattern to get used to how to do this and that... There are enough differences between X-Plane and MSFS to deserve a bit more time getting familiar with the platform. Treat it as a training effort of sorts... then start collecting all sorts of addon aircraft, scenery and other items.

Keep the training wheels on for a week or so before venturing out into the big world. :)

You would think the XP10 guys could at least spend a little extra time making the runways and etc look nicer!

But we already do!!!! We land there our beautiful aircraft, and after that no one looks at the rws :-)

Nobody mentioned simheaven yet?! You can get freeware photoscenery for europe and OSM data for the world over there, for free. OSM data is for accurate buildings etc. like they are in the openstreetmap, so everything accurately placed like in real life. http://www.simheaven.com

Thanks for the tips guys. 

I have found myself flying ONLY X-Plane10 in the last few days.. just one word for it.. amazing.

Never before have I had so much fun flying in a sim.. XP10 truly comes close to simulating my real world GA flying experience.

I ended up buying the Carenado A36 and the Skymaster.

The Carenados are good-looking/flying add-ons in X-plane. Strangely I never bought any Carenado for fs9 or FSX because everybody was saying they were poor regarding FD, but the two I own for X-plane 10 feel simply great - Seneca and Baron58.

The Carenados are good-looking/flying add-ons in X-plane. Strangely I never bought any Carenado for fs9 or FSX because everybody was saying they were poor regarding FD, but the two I own for X-plane 10 feel simply great - Seneca and Baron58.

has the Baron58 been updated yet to full 64bit?

has the Baron58 been updated yet to full 64bit?

Not yet :-/, but I sometimes start the 32 bit version to fly it and the LES dc-3 :-)

That's quite a marketing speech for the seneca - I've had my eyes locked on it now that it's 64-bit compatible. Must buy it soon when i feel bored with my current hangar  :lol:

Not yet :-/, but I sometimes start the 32 bit version to fly it and the LES dc-3 :-)

they are slow on the 58 patch....almost all there xp10 fleet has been patched except the 58. :(

they are slow on the 58 patch....almost all there xp10 fleet has been patched except the 58. :(

Not really. They simply follow the pattern of the original release dates. So they began with their first plane, the mooney, and they have now finally reached the Seneca II which was their first SASL plane. The B58 was reased after the Seneca, then the C208 (or was it first the C208, then the B58?, I am not sure), after this the C337, the Bonanza A36 and finally the CT210.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I have found myself flying ONLY X-Plane10 in the last few days.. just one word for it.. amazing.

Never before have I had so much fun flying in a sim.. XP10 truly comes close to simulating my real world GA flying experience.

I ended up buying the Carenado A36 and the Skymaster.

Neither work properly in 64bit yet grrrr. The A36 had a blank PFD still and both give OOM errors.

Btw even with those issues I'd stick to 64bit hands down. 32bit yields OOMs with a few moments of flying heavy scenery.

Neither work properly in 64bit yet grrrr. The A36 had a blank PFD still and both give OOM errors.

Btw even with those issues I'd stick to 64bit hands down. 32bit yields OOMs with a few moments of flying heavy scenery.

Hmm my A36 works fine PFD wise, but I do notice the occaisional crash with it. However I have not experienced one with the Skymaster yet, which is why it's logging the most hours with me :)

What???  Mine just loads with no text and data on the PFD/MFD...  Is there some way to "resfresh" or reload aircraft in XP?  I notice I can't really uninstall them...

Also verify you're running Windows?  I guess the devs say this OOM and PFD blank thing only affect Windows users...

What??? Mine just loads with no text and data on the PFD/MFD... Is there some way to "resfresh" or reload aircraft in XP? I notice I can't really uninstall them...

Also verify you're running Windows? I guess the devs say this OOM and PFD blank thing only affect Windows users...

I am running win7. Unfortunately I am away from home for the next 3 weeks.. I would take screenshots for you.

Also verify you're running Windows?  I guess the devs say this OOM and PFD blank thing only affect Windows users...

Well, there is always an additional random element involved. The basic problem is that LUA can only address memory smaller than 2 GB, so the probglem is how many other stuff was loaded into this memory segment so that LUA can no longer allocate any usefull memory for itself.

The big change with 10.22: The new SASL now tells X-Plane on all plattforms that it uses LUA, so X-Plane allocates memo0ry in the lower 2 GB range for it self and serves the LUA script from this pool, whicxh can't be used by other components.

I received a link to a fairly new SASL file from the Piaggio II developer (airfighter at .org forums).  Now it doesn't seem to crash but my glass is screwed up (prior to this new sasl version I didn't have the text on the glass but the background was the same)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/sortaworking.jpg~original