Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

Thanks sir for the response, really clears up what I was thinking. Do you or any one else know where I can read up on this sort of thing before the manuals come out ( poor college student). I really enjoy this sort of thing.

Edit:spelling

smartcockpit.com

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

smartcockpit.com

oh my gosh... I am in 7th heaven thank you...sweet!

I'm not sure what you're actually asking here? I believe the T7 works in the same way as a lot of other commercial aircraft in the sense that the AP disconnect button on the yoke first disconnects the AP and then a second press disables the AP disconnect sound. 

that is correct, the sim does that too. Of course, if you are quick enough on the double disconnect, you might beat the sound. There are options in the sim for  more than one version of some warning sounds too.

- Jane Whittaker

the cargo doors are opening as an Air Canada 200LR waits patiently at London Heathrow ahead of a departure to Vancouver

canada_zpse2583ebc.jpg

- Jane Whittaker

I did a Polar routing yesterday from PANC to LGAV

BGQ J115 CQR KARLL M450 OVBES 8515N 8200E ISD P600 TRO P853 NOVRI T317 OSK T318 SIPRI N5 AGONA A716 GITOV N5 VENES M857 PODAN UM857 KENIN UL619 KARIL UN127 OSTOV N127 NIKTI UN127 LMO UG33 AMISI G33 NEVRA

There were no issues at all over Polar region. HDG REF switched to True automatically no issues with A/P

Chris

Hi Chris can you show us the entry and end points of the ETOPS part of the flight on the ND?.... when you have time that is.

thanks

Carlo 

the cargo doors are opening as an Air Canada 200LR waits patiently at London Heathrow ahead of a departure to Vancouver

canada_zpse2583ebc.jpg

That's my lady!  My first flight will be a group flight from YYZ to YVR then continuing to YSSY.  ACA33.  Woooo! 

A question to the beta's: Has anyone tried www.simbrief.com with a 777-flight and, if yes, how did it work out? For those who do not know this site (I did not until yesterday), this is a new service that offers virtual dispatches for free. I have just tried it with the 737NGX and I'm very impressed becasuse the produced virtual flightplan seems to be very accurate.

Kind regards,

Markus

A question to the beta's: Has anyone tried www.simbrief.com with a 777-flight and, if yes, how did it work out? For those who do not know this site (I did not until yesterday), this is a new service that offers virtual dispatches for free. I have just tried it with the 737NGX and I'm very impressed becasuse the produced virtual flightplan seems to be very accurate.

Kind regards,

Markus

WOW. Very comprehensive. Will be great until PFPX is released.

Kind regards,

Markus

Very, very Thank You, you made my day. This is an incredible big help until PFPX comes out.

Again Thank You :) :) :)

Balan22 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Very, very Thank You, you made my day. This is an incredible big help until PFPX comes out.

Again Thank You :) :) :)

Balan22 

You are very welcome.

Been playing around with it over the last few hours and It's great. There's so much information provided that I don't even know what half of it means! Going to be good practice for PFPX.  

For whatever amount of 777 time I have until that program is released, this will be my go-to fuel planner. Plus it does calculations for ETOPS ETP's ect. Would be great for a beta tester to test it and see how accurate the provided fuel figures are.

There's a pretty good explanation: http://www.simbrief.com/system/guide.php#ofpsample. It also seems that the flightplan is automatically validated and, if invalid waypoints are found, automatically fixed. The whole system seems to be LIDO-based.

Reading through that now. Its gonna keep me up all night! :P

73Pages for a MEL-LAX flight, hmmm :/ If I want to print that... Though most are NOTAMS which are largely irrelevant to flight sim.