Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

Never thought I'm going to like the -200LR. But PMDG changed my mind. And especially you Luke. You got me with the first Air Canada and the first Qatar Airways shots.

(These wings and flaps are just awesome).  B)

Btw: Do you already know which livery has a fully accurate and verified airline option configuration included?

Quick question :)

Can you see the nose cone?

Quick question :)

Can you see the nose cone?

Yeah you can see the nose cone from the VC. But not from a normal/average head position. Even if you're like 6 feet tall in a 777 it's probably hard to see - unlike the 737. 

Thank me later  :wink:

Have you done any polar ops yet, in particular Toronto to Hong Kong? That is one route I am looking forward to trying out, get to experience a completely different part of the world!

Negative - however maybe a DXB>SFO this week (-:

Annndddddd thanks René (-;

If I were a betatester I would fly the route of Boeings "Worldliner" from HKG to LHR B)  Flightime: 22 hours and 42 minutes :lol:

If I were a betatester I would fly the route of Boeings "Worldliner" from HKG to LHR B)  Flightime: 22 hours and 42 minutes :lol:

Of course the long way round.

I would not want to fly that long in coach lol

Great to hear so many people are keen to visit the land downunder (and no we aren't upside down, and we don't ride roos to work).

I did notice James that you were quiet about the other stereotype we have of Australia, that "everything down there is poisonous or has big gnashing teeth and is waiting to kill you."

I did notice James that you were quiet about the other stereotype we have of Australia, that "everything down there is poisonous or has big gnashing teeth and is waiting to kill you."

Oh yes, don't worry about the World's most venemous spider (Sydney Funnel Web) or the World's most venemous snake (the Island Taipan).

You most likely have more of a chance of being hit by one of Sydney's crazy drivers

News out of SYD today that UA will be replacing the 744 that operated LAX-SYD-MEL/MEL-SYD-LAX and SFO-SYD-SFO with a 772.

Make me want that -200ER bad boy even more now :He He:

Los Angeles – Sydney – Melbourne eff 30MAR14 UA 3-class Boeing 777-200ER replaces 747-400
UA839 LAX2145 – 0710+2SYD0900+2 – 1045+2MEL 777 D
UA840 MEL1220 – 1345SYD1450 – 1030LAX 777 D

UA840 operates with Boeing 777 from 01APR14. This marks the end of UA Boeing 747 operation at Los Angeles.

San Francisco – Sydney eff 30MAR14 UA 3-class Boeing 777-200ER replaces 747-400
UA863 SFO2210 – 0625+2SYD 777 D
UA870 SYD1445 – 1120SFO 777 D

UA870 operates with Boeing 777 from 01APR14

Doesn't surprise me that UA is doing that. They replaced the LAX to Shanghai and Narita with 787s, so I was waiting to see where those 777s would go.

Luke are you on your computer all day?

Since August 1st I think I've had about three/four days including today where I've not been flying the 777 all day lol. 

Been out all day - never got Denver done as planned since I forgot I had plans elsewhere later in the day. However I managed to end the night with a quick Dubai>Saudi (King Fahd) in the Emirates 77F.

Loading up 255 tones on stand in Dubai

So there's that runway! bit hazy at 5000m. VREF+5 = 150knts - quite heavy at 245 tones! 

Clearing on B4 where I held short to clean up since the cargo ramp was literally right across the other side of the taxiway

I really do love this aircraft more and more each time I fly it - PMDG have done an ace job. 

Been out all day - never got Denver done as planned since I forgot I had plans elsewhere later in the day. However I managed to end the night with a quick Dubai>Saudi (King Fahd) in the Emirates 77F.

Loading up 255 tones on stand in Dubai

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_EKSC1.png

So there's that runway! bit hazy at 5000m. VREF+5 = 150knts - quite heavy at 245 tones! 

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_ILS32LOEDF.png

Clearing on B4 where I held short to clean up since the cargo ramp was literally right across the other side of the taxiway

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_EKSC.png

I really do love this aircraft more and more each time I fly it - PMDG have done an ace job. 

Luke, one other quick question, and I know this may of course change, but I am interested to know how large the installer is in comparison to the NGX installer?   Is it the same size or even larger?

Many thanks!