Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

WARNING - Do Not Repeat this Stupidity

We were forwarded the following PM sent through our system. This is the second incident of this type in the last three or four days. The first one was from a Nim-Rod from Hong Kong. This guy is from the UK:

"Hello XXXXX,

Loving your pics & videos.
Don't take this the wrong way but if I was to offer you a sum of money how much would it take for you to leak me the beta installer.

I will even sign a contract to never divulge where or who I received it off and or post any pictures or videos.
If you don't want to then no problems.
Cheers
Simon Jenkins"

This idiot was immediately banned (as was the first one) and will not ever be allowed back on AVSIM. He should be banned from every flight sim site in the community. This is the kind of character that is a scourge to this hobby and the reason that YOU go through the security do-loops that you do and the extra costs that you pay.

I hope the message is obvious.

What a dork, how can someone have so little knowledge about the FS-scene to think they would actually get anywhere with this.

Cheers,

23.png

Well you know... If he offered me that I would say... Yes... For... $400,000,000,000... That's a bargain right there.

Well you know... If he offered me that I would say... Yes... For... $400,000,000,000... That's a bargain right there.

He can get it from PMDG right now for only $165,000,000 ^_^

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I know your intent is to be funny, but did you get the bit about extra security measures and costs? That's not too funny as far as I am concerned. And judging from the whining, moaning and groaning about extra security measures placed on add-on's, I would gather that a significant number of your fellow community members would not find it funny either.

I like the contract part. He can't wait a few weeks?

There is no cure for stupid.

And to anyone out there who would take something like this seriously, let me assure you that a contract aimed at inducing the commission of a crime (fraud, conversion, misappropriation, embezzlement, etc.) is NOT enforceable.

"I will even sign a contract..." Idiot.

It's pathetic what technology does to people - in some cases. It's just sad that this is happening.

I'm really glad that we have such great management that is always on top of issues like this. They are the ones who keep this enjoyable for all of us.

It's pathetic what technology does to people - in some cases. It's just sad that this is happening.

Bribery has existed for as long as trade itself existed, still that's no excuse and goes to show how moronic people get when they are impatient. 

And to anyone out there who would take something like this seriously, let me assure you that a contract aimed at inducing the commission of a crime (fraud, conversion, misappropriation, embezzlement, etc.) is NOT enforceable.

"I will even sign a contract..." Idiot.

Lol I noticed that too.

Because ya know, you've proven yourself to be such an upstanding guy in this message.

What a dork, how can someone have so little knowledge about the FS-scene to think they would actually get anywhere with this.

Cheers,

The sad reality is that phishing emails like this, and the notorious Nigerian 419 scams, work because someone, somewhere, will fall for it. Even if it's only one person out of 100,000 that does fall, it isn't very hard to send out a few million of these.

The sad reality is that phishing emails like this, and the notorious Nigerian 419 scams, work because someone, somewhere, will fall for it. Even if it's only one person out of 100,000 that does fall, it isn't very hard to send out a few million of these.

It wasn't an email. It was a PM via our system. Had it been an email we would have just ignored it. Being a PM via our system is a totally different kettle of fish.

I will forward this post to my colleges at MSFlights.net to ensure that these individuals will be perma-banned on the spot and to keep a good lookout for them. We at MSFlights.net are graced with some top level payware and freeware developers that use our server for some online testing and general fun, as well as our teamspeak to get feedback from the community. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior, thank you Tom Allensworth for the heads up!

On another note:

I am quite sure that with that amount of money he could buy out every Flight Simulator Payware company in existence, Flightsim, AVSIM, and have enough left over to quite possibly buy out STEAM as well.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg