Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Help Me Pick a Fun Cargo Plane

Much like a Caravan, I'd suggest the Lionheart Quest Kodiak. Even with my horrible flying skills, it lets me get into and out of most anywhere.

Yeah the view is much better in the Carenado C208B, compared to the default.   It's a beauty, and as said, a must!

The Twin Otter Extended is also awesome!........ so many good planes and so little time!

Anyone know how much the Twin Otter cost to buy or lease in Air Hauler? Don't mock my Legacy! I haul a lot of mail and the occasional pig! You can squeeze close to 500 lbs in if you drop some fuel!

Not sure, but a C208 is about $1.3m, so I bet the Twin Otter is close to 2m.

Anyone know how much the Twin Otter cost to buy or lease in Air Hauler?

I am using the TwotterEx now in AH, and it ran about 1.9millions dollars...

Anyone know how much the Twin Otter cost to buy or lease in Air Hauler? Don't mock my Legacy! I haul a lot of mail and the occasional pig! You can squeeze close to 500 lbs in if you drop some fuel!

Seriously... you toted a pig in your Legacy? As in swine? Hope he didn't get stressed and cut loose! :P

You need a cargo plane, my friend. Problem is, cargo doesn't usually equal fast unless you either go with a bigger twin, or an air breather. You'll be hard pressed to top 150 KIAS in either a 'Van or a Twotter, but if you want more load capacity than your Legacy, they're hard to beat.

Personally, I'd either pick the Beechcraft 99, or the B1900. Yep, they're bigger twins but are closer to the speed range you desire, and both of them will carry over 2 1/2 tons of cargo!

You said you wanted 'fun'...

Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces_zps5460df

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Problem with the Beechcraft 99 and B1900 is that - if he's doing the flying himself - there aren't any up to date, high quality models of those aircraft.

The pigs are soothed by the bubble canopy view and high speed! I might have to look at some larger planes eventually, but It could take me months of Air Hauler time before I could even afford to lease one. I'd love something like a Citation Mustang eventually. The pigs would like the leather seats and wet bar!

Problem with the Beechcraft 99 and B1900 is that - if he's doing the flying himself - there aren't any up to date, high quality models of those aircraft.

I wasn't aware of that... my apologies.

Would an Aero Commander work? I know Milton Shupe's has been converted to FSX... :huh:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Is there a demo of this air hauler addon? Can you fly online with ATC and will it still work?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, there is a demo. It's a fun program. Check out some reviews online if you want to learn more. I'm pretty sure that atc works fine. Once FSX loads, you are free to do what you want with weather, flight plans, etc., as long as you deliver the goods to the right place on time.

Don't forget the Captainsim C-130.

It may not be the newest or have heavy systems,

but fun to fly, short landing,

Good for short or long haul,

Especially if you use radio navigation,

There is of course the stock GPS you can use for the flightplan if you don't.

MV 737-200c Cargo Combi   (If I may toss ours in the ring...)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.