Sign in to follow this  
ijorge511

Frooglesim Live Stream

Just wanted to add my thanks as well. I was very curious to see the time accel function. I was very pleased to see it in action. To reduce a 7 hour flight to around 2? I'll take it! 

I think he did a great job of flying an approach while answering questions, and tucking his son in. Maybe we can give him a -1 for banning one of his mods tho!!! :D

This single function will enhance the use of my addon airports (as I don't do real time long hauls). Now I can do OMDB to KIAD or KLAX YSSY or whatever...! Possibly even purchase more non US/Non EU airports.

So a huge thanks to Froogle and the mods! Not so many trolls as I thought and even some helpful chat (from people who know their stuff like Luke). Please let us know when you are doing another.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Froogle always does his absolute best for all of us Big thanks as always. :lol:

Nice to see its appreciated thanks to those of you who chose to limit to sensible on topic questions, when the stream is so full and of course each one is trying to post links and talk about Flying from/to in my "Whatever". 

It  gets very hard fro Froogle to both fly and answer questions that are moving so fast there gone in a blink of an eye, most of you were great in your contributions so thanks from the Mods also. :smile:

LukeP is a proverbial fountain of information. :wink:

While I know people "can" download content from YouTube, I would hope they are not, and

Hmm...I have uploaded many you tube videos,. Never made any money :) 

The only reason I download these tutorial videos is  since I travel so much I do not have easy access to the internet.. this way I can watch these tutorial when I am flying or I am stuck in airport where I have no internet connections.

Don't mean to rob you of your livelyhood. Most you tube are short videos and no need to download. but long tutorials need more time to be online.

BTW Froogle I never knew of your videos until now.. So I really have not downloaded any of yours. 

The only two aircrafts that I was interested to learn to fly are the PMDG 747 and now the 777. For the 747 I own the Tutorial DVDs put out by Angle of Attack. They are not short snippets..They are comprehensive. Once you have AoA then there is hardly a need for anything else. . And I would get their 777 DVDs when it comes out..but these short tutorials gets me going in the meanwhile.

Well Anyway.I shall refrain from downloading your videos. As for other FSX simmers who put out tutorial videos... I'd be interested to know if they mind if others download theirs.  I honestly didn't think folks put these out to make money. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Its OK just had a lot of this lately Manny and usually with less honorable intentions (as in downloading and then reuploading videos of my own as their own).

Perhaps for cases like yours I should make the original HD source footage for an entire series available as a single 99cent download from iTunes or something. Ah well.

I don't get it.  Once you upload to YouTube, you don't own it anymore.  You basically give it away for free when you do that.  Who cares if people download it?

My guess is that he had his physical throttle all the way forward then. Blank thrust FMA can't command any thrust - at that point the A/T is disabled and it's the physical throttles in control.

Literally 3 posts after I get done talking about how I expect people to think it should work exactly like the NGX and someone does it. Has to be a record lol...

The real 777 FMC does not have this feature. The NG FMC is built by a completely different company and has a whole host of things the 777 doesn't have and vice versa.

To follow on from Ryan's comment here and as I stressed on the stream, I am almost certain the A/T spooling up was due to my error. Its not something I have seen this aircraft do ever before.

Perhaps for cases like yours I should make the original HD source footage for an entire series available as a single 99cent download from iTunes or something. Ah well.

That would be so awesome.. I would totally buy it. I hope you do it!

You do that for 99 cents, you would put AoA out of business.. I don't want want AoA to go out of business either. They do add value to our hobby... 

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I don't get it. Once you upload to YouTube, you don't own it anymore. You basically give it away for free when you do that. Who cares if people download it?

Without wanting to get drawn into a distraction here you really should read YouTube s terms of use and service. Full copyright, publishing and distribution rights are held by the publisher. Unless they specifically relinquish their globally protected rights then no it is not 'being given away for free'.

In the case of frooglesim rights are held by me and enforced by the network (Fullscreen.net) I am a part of - which has over 200 million subscribers network wide, and 2.5 billion views per month. That network partnership effectively subsidizes my time and costs with ads on the videos revenue from which is split 70\30.

Downloading videos unless explicitly stated that you may is against yt own terms of service and a breach of copyright. It also irks the lawyers at the network, annoys advertisers and in the ultimate worse case would lead to a loss of ad revenue effectively making it unviable for me and others to spend 40+ hours a week of our 'spare' time providing you the viewers with a free service.

The issue of downloading and then redistributing and claiming false ownership is whole other ball of serious legal wax.

The Throttle Position indicator shows that his throttle was at Idle all the way to touchdown. Maybe accidentally pressed the TO/GA button? Great Stream! Watched the whole thing.

Alexis Mefano

The Throttle Position indicator shows that his throttle was at Idle all the way to touchdown. Maybe accidentally pressed the TO/GA button? Great Stream! Watched the whole thing.

If he hit TO/GA, it would be indicated on the PFD!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The issue of downloading and then redistributing and claiming false ownership is whole other ball of serious legal wax.

That's what I'm talking about.  Piracy is everywhere.  I too have videos with 30,000+ views etc etc but we understand people will rip it if they like it so it really is giving it away for free once uploaded.  I don't care what the terms of service or what the law says.  People will still pirate things so we got used to it.  

Them then re-uploading with a claim of ownership is something I've never seen outside of music videos (ie: being the first to leak it etc).  That is just wrong and bad practice.  

Them then re-uploading with a claim of ownership is something I've never seen outside of music videos (ie: being the first to leak it etc).  That is just wrong and bad practice.  

There are people who do it, for whatever reason...

There are people who do it, for whatever reason...

Seems strange especially if they are ripping from a popular Youtuber, ya know?  They will be figured out in no time. 

Seems strange especially if they are ripping from a popular Youtuber, ya know?  They will be figured out in no time. 

It does happen, unfortunatly.

Probably due to not being bale to make their own, and for false fame.

though I am struggling to keep quality during edit, I prefer to stick at it till i finally get it  right, :smile:

Regards

Guss

If he hit TO/GA, it would be indicated on the PFD!

I think so, too. Therefore no TOGA pushed and no physical throttle advanced to full thrust, since the throttle blue indicator shows idle position. What might have caused that spool up? I think the cause should be found, because otherwise it might not be excluded that it is a bug, to nail down before release...

James Goggi