Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Btw, there are two Stafsberg sceneries by different authors available for FSX:

http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/fsx/scenery/europa/norge/1286.html by Bjørn Johnny Jensen

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=171255 by Thomas Lorentzen and Stein-Ove Rud

Which one of them is recommended to use with AoN? Thanks!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

The one from Avsim is the newest and best scenery for Stafsberg at the moment.

I am not really sure, but I believe that the scenery on Avsim is a complete new

version of the version found on flightsim.no. 

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

Jan, Bonny, thank you guys. So, it seems I should go with Avsim version then?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Go for the Avsim download. It is a great scenery, including photoreal ground and custom 3D models. The FSno file library is quite outdated.

I had some spare time and developed this KMZ geo-referencing file depicting the airports (80), helipads (2), lighthouses (98), and bridges (20) included in various Norway sceneries discussed under this thread. Coordinates are taken (and converted to Google Earth format where required) from relevant readmes shipped with original addons.

I hope it will help fellow pilots to improve their orientation in Norwegian skies and to easily choose departure and destination points.

If you think something is missing, or just want to populate the existing list with more object types, please pm me any available info on such objects and I'll extend the coverage for you.

You can download and view my file in Google Earth, or open directly in Google Maps just putting the URL into GM's lookup box and pressing Enter.

DOWNLOAD

rBlLplZ.jpg

• Upvote 3

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Thank you for this effort Rüstem Alhas.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Nice!!! And I didn't know you can open kmz's in Google Maps, which is also very nice to know! Thanks for taking the time to do all this!

Awesome! I was going to do something like this but never got around to it, thanks a lot.

Will this Norway Scenery work with P3D V2?

It allready does.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yup, working fine. I'm home from China, finally, and have rigged (for FSX), the new mesh and NSX III here, and the result is fantastic. Feedback at Flightsim.no tells P3Dv2 is no problem at all. Because of the NSX III package, I am now cleaning AoN for landclass. I have also thrown out UTXE, awaiting the ORBX stuff. And man, it looks good now, except from a few missing UTXE bridges.

My plan is to soon upload a new AoN 3.52, in order to adjust myself to NSX III. Most of the work is done already. But I will not discuss P3D yet; I need to come back to my steering regarding the new stuff in FSX first, after being (like) on another planet for 6 weeks. But trust me, from what I have seen, P3D will be my next simulator, and goodbye FSX, for shure. But as a scenery designer, I need to keep both for a while. When I transfer to P3Dv2, there will be nothing more done for FSX. Because which sensible guy would continue to do DX9 stuff when DX11 is served? I like my dinners well-served, hehe :-p

I tried taking off from Oslo ENGM today with the 737 NGX and I never got far. FSX always froze at some point betweem 2000 and 24000 feet during the climb out on one of the SIDs going north. Since I (luckily) havent had this problem so far (flew around bergen, bodö, trondheim etc). Therefore I think it may have to do something with the scenery around ENGM although it definetly is not framerate of graphics related as far as I can see. Is anything like that known? Maybe some mistake I made during installing? I am pretty sure I did everything right (I installed everything except GA Airfields).

Thanks in Advance

I will try to fly into Oslo from Bergen tomorrow to see if it freezes on inbound too...

This used to be a seasonal texture problem with FS9, but it disappeared with FSX. I've flown in and out Oslo a lot, but no crashes. It may be the old Norway Scenic LC we still use, as it is native FS9. NSX III will soon take over that part as well.

But don't trust me too much on this. I design a lot, fly well, not so much. I'm also half the year at sea, so I'm not always the guy to ask about everyday flying bugs ;-)