Sign in to follow this  
BushPilot49

Payware Airport Scenery Query

I’m looking at several FS2004 payware airport scenery options and would appreciate some feed back please.

I’ve had the SimFlyers Los Angeles KLAX scenery for a number of years now but it’s showing it’s age and also doesn’t fit very well with the Blue Sky Photo ground textures in the Los Angeles area.

The options are either the Blueprint LAX or  FSDT LAX .

With the Blueprint scenery about half the price of the FSDT one , that’s looking good.

The next airport I’m considering is San Francisco with either the FlyTampa SFO or Flightbeam Studios version.

I have the FlyTampa Seattle KSEA and I’m very happy with it , so price wise I’m leaning more towards the FlyTampa SFO.

Will the FlyTampa SFO work with the Blue Sky Photo ground textures ?

Another airport I’m considering is the Aerosoft Anchorage scenery.

Who has this and what are your thoughts on it ?

Looking forward to any thoughts and help.

Thanks.

Pete.

I HEAR (though cannot confirm for myself) that FSDT LAX is very detailed and pretty good on the frames! Can't confirm this, though!

What choice I guess depends to a certain extent as to whether you desire AES coverage. Blueprint sceneries DO NOT support AES. I bought Flightbeam's KSFO and whilst more detailed than the Fly Tampa version frames are not as good. KLAX FSDT is very frame rate heavy since they converted from FSX and it is not optimised. Their earlier Cloud 9 effort is quite good and much easier on frames. It is not clear how much computer power you can bring to bear which is why I have discussed frames.

Aerosoft Anchorage is fine, particularly if coupled with Fairbanks, otherwise it is a long, long flight to other destinations.

I cannot comment how the Californian airports fit into the Blue Sky Photoscenery since I use the Megascenery version instead.

KLAX FSDT is very frame rate heavy since they converted from FSX and it is not optimised.

ooops thought we were doing FSX here.... FSX version is frame friendly I know that lol

ooops thought we were doing FSX here.... FSX version is frame friendly I know that lol

Stand back, Burrito!  What's so LOL?

If the lack of AES is not an issue, a third option would be the Cloud9 version which is sold by FSDT. Not completely up to date but it still looks great.

While Fly Tampa KSFO is good, the Flightbean scenery is more up to date terminal wise than the Fly Tampa version.

Thanks Guys for your comments.

I'm not worried about AES capability.

At this stage I'm tending towards the cheaper option .... Blueprint LAX & Fly Tampa SFO.

I understand these are not the most up to date as far as Terminals etc, but it's always way better than default.

Still like to find out if these fit with the Blue Sky photo ground texture.

Pete.

UK2000 have some fantastic products if you fancy flaying around the uk!

Thanks.

I'm aware of the UK2000 scenery, some nice stuff to, but most of my flying is western US, Alaska & Canada.

Why you might ask, well Sid and I have done a heap of EZ Scenery addons in these areas and it's such a beautiful area to fly in.

Thanks,

Pete.