Sign in to follow this  

Price ?

I'm not in a relationship, but do have a very special friend to whom I just happened to mention at a glance that I am interested in flight simulation and she started asking all these questions, and I eventually started to show her all the PMDG stuff, how they compare to the real aircraft and a few lessons on how things work and how aircraft fly.   Funny thing is, she always wants to know more!   Now, she is also interested in getting into the simulation thing!

Interesting. One of my best friends always ends up asking me a lot of questions. That's a good thing. I remember demonstrating stall recovery as well as a landing with no engines in a 777 (okay, maybe I'd shot both of them in a video to show her). Towards the end of the landing video, in which I crossed 28 left at San Francisco, I taxiied past a couple planes, and she asked me if planes were allowed to be that close. She then asked if planes have hit each other on the ground before, to which I showed her the YouTube video of the Air France A380 hitting the Comair CRJ. She had trouble figuring out exactly what was going on, so I told her, not a problem. I pulled an Air France A380 and a United Express CRJ-700 off my shelf to basically show her the size difference between the two planes along with what happened. Then it made sense.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The next time your wife/girlfriend complains about the cost of your simming rig, and add-ons...

Don't be fooled for a second.

Just look at her handbag collection. There's bound to be one of those designer bags in there, worth about $20, but actually cost $5000.

I'm not kidding, all the girls are desperate to waste a fortune on a mere "bag" these days. Nuts the lot of them.

But seriously guys, don't even think you have control of your relationship. They own sex. So if they're not happy, you're not happy. And the opposite is not necessarily true. So I just make her happy by showing that when I'm flying I'll leave her alone to see her friends, do her nails and watch stupid stuff on TV.  777 guaranteed!

Dated one who would always threaten "I'll withhold sex" any time she wanted control of a particular situation.  Luckily, those situations often worked to my benefit anyway (most often to let her pay the check when we went out).

The funny part of it came after we broke up.  Had lunch one day and I grabbed the check at the end:

"Hey!"

Yes?

"Give me that!"

Noooope.

"Yes!  Seriously!"

Nope. I never paid when we used to come here.

"Give it to me or I'll..."

...or you'll what?  That's been withheld for quite some time now.  Nice try though!  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Dated one who would always threaten "I'll withhold sex" any time she wanted control of a particular situation.  Luckily, those situations often worked to my benefit anyway (most often to let her pay the check when we went out).

The funny part of it came after we broke up.  Had lunch one day and I grabbed the check at the end:

"Hey!"

Yes?

"Give me that!"

Noooope.

"Yes!  Seriously!"

Nope. I never paid when we used to come here.

"Give it to me or I'll..."

...or you'll what?  That's been withheld for quite some time now.  Nice try though!  :wink:

Why would she....I don't even want to know. Must have had a lot of money if she wanted to pay for all that.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Why would she....I don't even want to know. Must have had a lot of money if she wanted to pay for all that.

I think it was an "equal amounts" thing...in the end it balanced out.

...and no, not at all rich.  Just smart with money in the right ways.

Kyle Rodgers

In the long run, FSX is less expensive than a girlfriend ...   :ph34r2:

When you're married though, even if you bought the 777 every day that's still true

Steve Mac

If you have to ask the price then you cant afford it.

Its simple its between $1.00 and $200.00.

The more you rave the forums the higher the price gets. Simple economics. They are not in it to worship the ground us simmers land on, they are in it to make money. Cold hard fact, why else would they be in business?

$100.00+ for it. if it isn't then I will be surprised based on the health of the economy.

That's a pretty sad statement on your behalf. 

Not everyone has a large bank account. I make $20 an hour as a Paramedic here in Houston. I pay my bills, drive a nice car, and live a comfortable lifestyle and yes, I'd like to know the price.

Apparently you know my budget better than I do. 

I make $20 an hour as a Paramedic here in Houston

I think you guys might be a little underpaid.  Here in Ontario the going wage is roughly $35/hour, although most have ALS status and cost of living is higher here.

spacer.png

I'm sure the price will be reasonable and in line with the quality and features we've come to expect from PMDG.

I don't want to be judgemental, but there are so many young people without elder guidance, I'm going to say it.

IF you are married and IF you have small children and IF the price of a single addon for FSX is a financial burden, then perhaps you need to seriously reconsider your financial priorities.  I've seen this several times on these forums.

Don't worry, some day you'll be old like me and if you've been reasonably smart with your money, you'll be able to buy every half-interesting addon that comes down the hype pike.  When you're older, you can afford to be an idiot, when you're younger ... not so much.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

some day you'll be old like me and if you've been reasonably smart with your money, you'll be able to buy every half-interesting addon that comes down the hype pike. 

But not a camera with Autofocus??

Not everyone has a large bank account. I make $20 an hour as a Paramedic here in Houston. I pay my bills, drive a nice car, and live a comfortable lifestyle and yes, I'd like to know the price.

Exactly. Thank you.

All I was saying to the guy who originally posted that earlier is that "if you have to ask you can't afford it" is a presumptuous saying. Know what I am saying? Hah.

It's a smart if not normal thing to know how much you are paying. It was a poor choice of "sayings" on his behalf.

I live in Houston drive one of three really nice vehicles live in a nice house retired, and yes I am looking forward to your tax dollars buying me a add-on for my game. I am not married and I have a couple of female acquaintance's that could care a less what I spend your money on. Check this out, one is a pilot for Southwest, cutie too, and the other is a pilot for the Ritz, also a cutie. Life is rough. have a nice day.

Not to say I'm not prone to tangents, but can we end the measuring match, please?

If you have to compare it to someone else, you need to address issues of self-esteem, not physical measurements.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm sure the price will be reasonable and in line with the quality and features we've come to expect from PMDG.

I sure hope so.

I'd be lying if I said price wasn't a dealbreaker.

I'm quite happy with what I have already, but if it's priced too high I can live without it.

Got to love the way this thread has some people talking about predicted prices and others slamming girlfriends and wives. :LMAO: