Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

UPDATED: FedExVAC's PMDG 777 Celebration Festivities! 777 giveaway prizes!

If on the day, using PFPX, I find a route that is quicker/more fuel efficient, can I use that instead of the pre-planned one?

Aaron

-oOo-

For those flying on the Cargo side of this event, what size loads are you guys planning on? I flew my first cargo flight with the T7 today. I'm now addicted to flying FedEx with full loads. :)

Chase, I've found that 181,576lb of cargo and 273,423lb of fuel should give you about 25,072lb of fuel on touchdown.

That's basically at MAX MTOW.  Using PFPX, I've found PFPX to be rather accurate soo far with the T7.  

Obviously prevailing winds will be a factor come departure, but that should help you with a rough estimate, you can always carry slightly less cargo for slightly more fuel..

-Carl

If on the day, using PFPX, I find a route that is quicker/more fuel efficient, can I use that instead of the pre-planned one?

Aaron

-oOo-

Aaron, there are more fuel efficient flight paths, however, the one supplied is to allow the folks departing Keflavik and Athens to join up with the group.

-Carl

Carl Thompson

See you folks tomorrow morning!

If there is any load sheet we should be using, I"ll look for the email.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi

A query regarding the 'LAM ISL DATUT' section of the BIKF route.  Is this correct?  Seems very strange to go so far south to come back up north again.

Chase, I've found that 181,576lb of cargo and 273,423lb of fuel should give you about 25,072lb of fuel on touchdown.

That's basically at MAX MTOW.  Using PFPX, I've found PFPX to be rather accurate soo far with the T7.  

Obviously prevailing winds will be a factor come departure, but that should help you with a rough estimate, you can always carry slightly less cargo for slightly more fuel..

-Carl

Carl,

Thanks! This is what I wanted to know. Yeah, I'm lazy. Didn't want to go calculate the numbers on my own... I hate math.   <_<

Hi

A query regarding the 'LAM ISL DATUT' section of the BIKF route.  Is this correct?  Seems very strange to go so far south to come back up north again.

Thanks for pointing that out. ISL is a typo- It should be LVA.

Just a note for everyone- I will be sending out an email to all who are booked in a few hours with flight details, suggestions, and any tidying up things such as route adjustments. PLEASE check your email before you fly if you do not get one before going to bed tonight!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Just a thought, are Memphis controllers coming online that early? It'd be 4am for them

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Just a thought, are Memphis controllers coming online that early? It'd be 4am for them

Yessir they will be. I'm actually the Webmaster/IT for vZME and we have some people rounded up for some nice, early-morning southern hospitality.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Thanks for pointing that out. ISL is a typo- It should be LVA.

Just a note for everyone- I will be sending out an email to all who are booked in a few hours with flight details, suggestions, and any tidying up things such as route adjustments. PLEASE check your email before you fly if you do not get one before going to bed tonight!

aha that explains it.

Can I sleep over the north atlantic? Will oceanic be online? That would be cool. But no sleeping then. :)