Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Panel State not saving like the NGX

I like to save a custom panel state for each operator. But it appears when I save a panel state with the 777 only certain things get retained. For example the IRS has to be re-aligned. Is this something that cannot be changed? Also keying the mic button does not save in the panel state.

Also a few requests for panel states. Can they save more things? For example, yoke position, tcas position, squawk code.

All the things you say do not and have never happened with me. Whenever I save on the ground or in the air - ADIRU is always on and saves position etc. 

Mic selector stays, TCAS and squawk stays...

I have not seen this, can you be more specific on the state your saving?

Basically all I did was originally load the short turn panel state. Flew a flight, made some changes on the ground after landing with apu on, then saved the panel state.

Now when I load that new panel state

The mic button is not enabled, and the IRS has to align.

I am using the freighter if that makes any difference.

The squawk code has never saved for me in any panel state, even in the NGX.

EDIT: Saves everything for me (e.g. saving a flight and loading it later).

Best regards,

Robin.

(...)

The squawk code has never saved for me in any panel state, even in the NGX.

Must be an issue specific to your system. The squawk definitely got saved for me in the NGX.

Will try panel state saving in the T7 tonight.

So I have no idea what is wrong with my panel state, but something is weird.

When I pull into a gate, and shut down, with the APU running, the second I switch off both fuel levers, the panel state flashes and everything resets on me.

My squawk is now 1200 and all other changes I made to the airplane after landing are gone. It's like it reverts back to another panel state after fuel gets cut off. Weird...

I also am having strange panel state issues, whenever I load up fsx and my plane starts at the runway, my adiru is off, gpu and wheel chocks are connected. I even tried to reload the panel state to long/short and still the same issues. When i goto the fmc and remove wheel chocks, the interior of my vc lights up and I get yellow warning messages on my eicas with a white square box next to each entry, seems like some sort of bug or glitch.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Long and Short are "turn around" saves. Ie the plane is at the gate being turned around from an inbound to an outbound. so having the GPU and Wheel chocks on is normal in that situation.

When you start up like that, it may indicate the Long/Short scenario is loading as the default panel state, Maybe you hit a "Save state" instead of a "Load state" at some point.

"Being on the Runway" doesn't magically tell the 777 to load up in a different panel state.

Long and Short are "turn around" saves. Ie the plane is at the gate being turned around from an inbound to an outbound. so having the GPU and Wheel chocks on is normal in that situation.

When you start up like that, it may indicate the Long/Short scenario is loading as the default panel state, Maybe you hit a "Save state" instead of a "Load state" at some point.

"Being on the Runway" doesn't magically tell the 777 to load up in a different panel state.

In my situation I specifically named a state and set it to load that state. I am trying over again, deleting in windows all the saved states and other files named my custom name and going to start from short turn panels state again.

edit: And now with a brand new panel state, the others deleted, I get weird behavior like HYD pump 3 error message flashing on my eicas once in a while. I get fmc takeoff speeds deleting themselves. Suddenly the fuel in the fmc went from an estimated 16 to 0. This is all on the ground before my first takeoff.

edit 2: After takeoff everything is working fine, I will see if the same bugs come back on landing and shutdown.

edit 3: add another to the list not saved by my panel state. TFC button doesn't save. It used to in the NGX panel state.

Same problem with new panel state. Except now the fuel didn't disappear from the FMC by resetting itself to 0, it just changed to another number half the number that is in the tanks. Weird.