Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

PMDG 777-200LR Fuel planner!

Hi! 

First of all: This aircraft is the best addon aircraft EVER!!!! I LOVE THIS AIRCRAFT.... even the fact that my frames are a little bit lower than in the ngx is not really bad for me (maybe PMDG will find a way to fix the mousebug!). 

Okay, 

is there someone who can give me a downloadlink to a very good fuel planner for my -200LR? I need a good planner because i want to do a longhaul flight and i want a realistic fuel quantity etc. 

Get PFPX

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

PFPX is your solution. By the way Mark, is out there some tuto about how to plan an ETOPS flight? I'm gettin' crazy reading manuals and so on but no way, the "Compute Flight" button doesn't come to me, since I can't skip the ETOPS setup process and I don't know how to deal with it. Thanks

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

PFPX or if you dont want that then the FMC will do the job.

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

pfpx is very ex :( Am broke 

Is sim brief good for fuel planning? 

Any of you guys think that pfpx is abit overprice ? I am like a man on street with a model 777 :P 

Go check out www.simbrief.com. That give the website a route, and it'll churn out an almost complete dispatch sheet (takeoff & landing pages aren't included) that includes quite accurate fuel. That one is totally free

PFPX or if you dont want that then the FMC will do the job.

Okay, how can i calculate the fuel with the fmc? Can you explain this to me, maybe with pics etc? 

the fuel profile for the t777 will be released at Vrfoute premium in the next few days. i think its about $25

ZORAN

Ryan provides a pretty detailed look at using FMC for fuel planning in the tutorial.

Dan Downs KCRP

fuel to load, enter your route and then check the PROG page’s fuel prediction for the destination airport – subtract your current load from the amount it predicts at the destination and add 15500 lbs (7000 kg) for alternate/hold and so on and that’ll be a decent estimate. Use more if you have a long distance alternate or other extenuating circumstances. A rough rule of thumb is to assume the airplane will use around 17,600 lbs (8000 kg) of fuel per hour of flight time.

The rest will be cover in T2 

Ryan provides a pretty detailed look at using FMC for fuel planning in the tutorial.

Okay, i red the tutorial and they will show us to calculate the fuel in the Tutorial number 2. Is there a release date for this document? 

fuel to load, enter your route and then check the PROG page’s fuel prediction for the destination airport – subtract your current load from the amount it predicts at the destination and add 15500 lbs (7000 kg) for alternate/hold and so on and that’ll be a decent estimate. Use more if you have a long distance alternate or other extenuating circumstances. A rough rule of thumb is to assume the airplane will use around 17,600 lbs (8000 kg) of fuel per hour of flight time.

The rest will be cover in T2 

Okay thanks! Can you tell me how much fuel do i need in the tanks if i´m standing at the destination gate??? I mean sometines the FMC told me that i will have about 30000lbs fuel at destination gate. This is too much, isn´t it? 

Okay, i red the tutorial and they will show us to calculate the fuel in the Tutorial number 2. Is there a release date for this document?

If you have the NGX, the same method is used in tutorial 2 for that product.  The same method can be used for the 777.

Kyle Rodgers

I've actually found the FSBuild profile for a 777-200ER with PW engines gives me a good ballpark figure. I have not used PFPX yet but I am sure it is good. I've just used FSBuild for years and years. Such great support and an awesome program.

If you have the NGX, the same method is used in tutorial 2 for that product.  The same method can be used for the 777.

I'm not so sure that the FMC can actually calculate the fuel needed for a flight in the 777.  Maybe you can set me straight here.

I just did a flight from KSFO to KIAD in the 777.  Planned the flight in PFPX using a real world route off of Flightaware.  Loaded the fuel PFPX stated was necessary.  On the progress page in the FMC it stated fuel at KIAD would be 17,500 (or something like that).  No problem PFPX stated fuel would be 12600.

I actually landed with 9600.  Throughout the flight I watched the progress page and fuel at KIAD would slowly go down throughout the flight.  I actually arrived in the approach at KIAD with 12600 lbs of fuel so PFPX with my derived Bias for climb, cruise, descent and drag seemed to be spot on.  I monitored fuel remaining throughout the flight at each waypoint with the OPF and the fuel was dead on with PFPX.

I know this isn't the NGX but usually the NGX numbers in the FMC are spot on from the moment you input the flight.  I really don't trust the 777 FMC for fuel calculations due to a constant dwindling of amounts remaining throughout the flight.  From takeoff to landing the progress page changed by approximately 9000 pounds.

Luckily PFPX was spot on for fuel so I was landing somewhat above reserve fuel.

If I'm incorrect in this let me know but this is what I've seen in the past couple flights flown in the 777.

Just as a postscript this was with winds imported into the FMC.  So it was not a wind error calculation.

Sean Green