Sign in to follow this  
Mo45

777 Rocking problem

Mo-

This does not occur normally- there HAS to be some sort of Wx interaction.  Just double check that "Clear all skies" is selected and retry- or you can go custom and set winds to 0.  Let us know.....

AS2012 w/ DWC was my solution to the Wx woes......

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I too have noticed a slight oscillation when using VS mode during climbs and descents, it usually varies +/-50fpm of the target VS.

Disable turbulence and thermals in the fsx weather options.

It is disabled.

Mo45

Mo-

This does not occur normally- there HAS to be some sort of Wx interaction.  Just double check that "Clear all skies" is selected and retry- or you can go custom and set winds to 0.  Let us know.....

AS2012 w/ DWC was my solution to the Wx woes......

Thanks Carl, still the same.

Regards,

Mo

Mo45

Do you have elevator trim mapped to some kind of axis on your controller?

I had this problem, and I realized that the AP trim was fighting with the trim axis on my controller, but only if I bumped that axis.

"It"?

Which one? There are two options to disable, not just one.

The fsx weather.

Mo45

After testing several times, I believe it has nothing to do with the weather.  It is to do with AIR File configuration.  I had an old version of 777 from FS9 so I have replaced the air file just for experiment and I didn't get any pitch up and down motion.  I have tried LNAV and VNAV engage and everything was working fine.  Even during the cruise I disengage the VNAV and just using the LNAV and everything was perfect.  So I am hoping the PMDG will update the air file for service pack 1. 

Mo45

I also get a rocking but this is where the wings constantly move up and down (waggling if you like), makes me feel quite airsick. Think it has something to do with the wing levelling value in the air.file or the .cfg file but not sure which. Will keep searching the forum to see what else turns up. 

Colin

Varying pitch with me too. Most visible in V/S mode. No matter climbing or descending. Does not seem to be connected to weather injection. I am getting it with default FSX weather (clear skies). For example, I dial -2000 fpm on the MCP. Pitch is constantly changing so my fpm is varying between -2150 and -1850. At first I thought it is a real world behaviour, but it does not seems logical.

Will report on further findings.

I have this issue as well. Did a short flight with no weather engines. Just had the sim running and clear weather in FSX. In V/S mode descending at -1100 FPM the plane would pitch up and the down through the descent. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here yesterday I saw this too in a climb from 12k all the way to 19k after a few minutes the plane leveled itself .....weird.... by the way I was using default fsx clear skys weather....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

After testing several times, I believe it has nothing to do with the weather.  It is to do with AIR File configuration.  I had an old version of 777 from FS9 so I have replaced the air file just for experiment and I didn't get any pitch up and down motion.  I have tried LNAV and VNAV engage and everything was working fine.  Even during the cruise I disengage the VNAV and just using the LNAV and everything was perfect.  So I am hoping the PMDG will update the air file for service pack 1. 

This [in my opinion] could be to do with the dodgy trimming.

I find trimming very unrealistic. And end up bobbing up and down trying to chase the trim.

Hitting the trim for one second equates to 10 knots speed change. The problem appears to be that anything less than one second has zero effect on trim. Therefore, you hit the trim for one second and it trims to fast and too much, hit it again and it trims the opposite direction, again too fast and too much.

Could be that even on autopilot in vertical speed mode, the AP is also having issues trimming.

It may be that trim effectiveness in the aircraft cfg would help this. I may experiment later. If correct the information may be of use to PMDG.

It could also be centre of gravity issues, this often causes porpoiseing in the sim.

The other alternative is that I'm talking nonsense, and annoying PMDG to the max. I don't mean to, but the trim issue for me is ruining my enjoyment of this potentially great product.

Same problem here, doesn't matter if real weather or clear sky.

http://youtu.be/d2P3gOL3Fzk

If you look at the tail of the T7 in that video, you can see the control surface on the tail, bobbing up and down.