Sign in to follow this  
jimmynes

Engine Generators

Saitek pro flight throttles controlling throttles only. Using nothing for the fuel levers. 

I'm kinda stumped at this point.  Might want to submit a ticket to see what they have to say.

Kyle Rodgers

I can live with it for now. Probably wait till the first SP comes out and if it still persists I'll submit a ticket then?

Jimmy Nestor

Probably wait till the first SP comes out and if it still persists I'll submit a ticket then?

I wouldn't.  If it's a legit issue, it should be included in this SP.

EDIT:

Meaning, you should report it now.

Kyle Rodgers

Update to my previous issue listed in #10 on page 1 of this thread.....  Issue was that generators were not coming on line when engines started.....  Have after many hours worked out the problem.  I am using CH Throttles and FSUIPC.  As per the manual, I deleted the mapping of the throttles to FSUIPC and re-mapped them into FSX.  But this did not solve the problem until I remembered to go back to FSUIPC and delete the Throttle Axis Calibrations which were still live (even though I had deleted the main axis mapping!).  This did the trick!  Only issue now is that having mapped the throttles into FSX, I have lost the reversers!  Next one to solve...... 

Hope this helps someone - took me about 10 hours to work it out!

I think I have this solved. You see when I went about creating my own panel state I started while I was already in "777 SHORT". Today I started tinkering with with custom panel states again only this time I had the default state pre-loaded and low and behold what do ya know, IT WORKS!!!

Least I think this is what sorted it, 'might have been something to do with the  latest OC update, I'm not sure. Anyone from PMDG care to comment whether the last OC update might have something to do with this?? 

Jimmy Nestor

I have exactly the same issues with the left generators and not responding thrust levers. I don't FSUIPC actively. So hope you sort it out.

I solved it, I pressed cont E before, this must have messed things up. A great aircraft by the way, much more fps friendly than 

I had thought.

I am having the same problem but randomly. It seems to happen only when there is significant traffic flying with IVAO. If I save the panel state, I can reproduce the problem by reloading it. Doing an engine shutdown / restart does reproduce the problem.

Least I think this is what sorted it, 'might have been something to do with the latest OC update,
Probably not. OC is not the plane.

I have same problem. Cold and Dark start up. Engines start, but never come on-line. I never had this problem when I was flying around Europe. I flew from London to the USA and mid-flight I lost both engines and couldn't get but one restarted. Failures are off, crash is off. I restarted the flight and the same thing happened. Mid flight over the Atlantic the Engines quit. So the next time I launched FSX, I loaded up my destination airport in the USA and one of the pmdg 777 liveries. But the engines wouldn't start. So I loaded up a UK airport and the engines started. I loaded up a US airport, same problem.Through my troubleshooting this is what I have learned. Unless I have the fuel tanks filled to at least 50% the engines will not come on-line. I have to do more trouble shooting, but if anyone knows why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated.

Cold and Dark start up

Don't use the supplied C&D state - create your own and re-save it. The supplied C&D state is broken.

Best regards,

Robin.

Save your default flight with one of the default planes with engines running and when you load FSX again only then select the PMDG 777. All should be fine.

Jimmy Nestor

I have same problem. Cold and Dark start up. Engines start, but never comes on-line. I never had this problem when I was flying around Europe. I flew from London to the USA and mid-flight I lost both engines and couldn't get but one restarted. Failures are off, crash is off. I restarted the flight and the same thing happened. Mid flight over the Atlantic the Engines quit. So the next time I launched FSX, I loaded up my destination airport in the USA and one of the pmdg 777 liveries. But the engines wouldn't start. So I loaded up a UK airport and the engines started. I loaded up a US airport, same problem.Through my troubleshooting this is what I have learned. Unless I have the fuel tanks filled to at least 50% while in the USA the engines will not come on-line. I have to do more trouble shooting, but if anyone knows why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try both and report again. My apologies for the double post, I wasn't aware the one I rushed through yesterday posted. 

Hi jimmynes, I took your advice with loading a default plane with engines running and saved the flight in the US. Engines came online with the fuel at 41% flew to ATL and London and back. The engines never cut out. As far as I'm aware my problem is resolved now. Thanks!

It's strange, I purchased the pmdg 777 about three weeks ago and I had a default flight in UK with Quality Wings 757 cold and dark start-up and no issues with the 777. I read the instructions and thought if I have any problems, then I'll change it. For past three weeks I've been flying around Europe with zero problems.

For some reason after attempting to moving the 777 stateside and trying to cross the Atlantic or to start the engines... well, the problems I reported above. I guess I should have just followed the instructions regardless and went back to the basics. 

Thanks.