Sign in to follow this  
vr-pilot

Lufthansa has ordered 34 B777-9x today!

Hi everyone!

Good news for Boeing from Germany:

Lufthansa has ordered 34 B777-9x today (besides 25 A350-900).

Unfortunately, deliveries shall be carried out at the earliest between 2016 and 2019...  

So probably PMDG will release a 9x-Version in three years from now and a further non-fictional Lufthansa livery could become reality.

BTW: the already "delivered" PMDG 777F from Lufthansa Cargo will start RW operations in october 2013. 

So Lufthansa seems to be somewhat "back on the Boeing track", after continously replacing the proved but meanwhile aged classic B737 fleet completely by A320/319s. This is somewhat sad, as Lufthansa in december 1967 was the very first B737 customer!  

Greetings,

Claus

They'll go to replace LH's older 744's and 343's now long in the tooth...

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

So Lufthansa seems to be somewhat "back on the Boeing track", after continously replacing the proved but meanwhile aged classic B737 fleet completely by A320/319s. This is somewhat sad, as Lufthansa in december 1967 was the very first B737 customer!  

Greetings,

Claus

Hi,

seems that Lufthansa is still quite Airbus-oriented if you look at the current fleet : http://www.airfleets.fr/flottecie/Lufthansa.htm (column "active")

Besides 32 B737 and 31 B747 (+18 MD 11), the remaining of the 313 airplanes fleet is only Airbus (including 10 A380). The B777-9 delivery will increases a bit Boeing share but if you add the 25 A350-9, balance is still heavily on Airbus side...

Chris

Cool, anymore 747-8I ?

Between april 2012 and august 2013 nine 747-8i were delivered. Ten are officially listed as ordered. This leads to a total of 19 A/Cs which still reflects the original order. So no further orders, but also no cancellations so far.

The LH fleet looks now like that:

22 B747-400 + 9 B747-8i= 31 Boeing long haul A/Cs

18 A330 + 48 A340 + 10 A380= 76 Airbus long haul A/Cs

When they sell 22 B747-400 and 24 A340-300, get the next 10 B747-8i and buy 34 B777-9x, the calculation will look about like this: 52 Airbus A/Cs and 53 Boeing A/Cs. 

But adding the order of 25 A350-900 again would mean 77 long haul Airbusses.

No chance you will get a PMDG 9x anytime in the next 3 years. They still have the DC-6, the 747v2 and the service pack for the ngx. Not to mention service packs for the LR and the -200 and -300ER's

If I'm not mistaken, the -9 would probably have to be developed from the ground up as I imagine it will be similar to the 787 in some cases and more similar to the current aeroplane in other places. I hope they don't change up the cockpit too much though. Don't try fix what's not broken! I like how they kept the 748's flight deck in shape and just made it a little more modern. I suspect the -9 will have hud's on both sides too and possibly the same FMC design as the 787. I'm excited to see and follow the real development!

I don't mind the 787's flight deck - just hate the night lighting and the grey panel colouring. Also the MCP is incredibly annoying with no centring on the Speed/Altitude/HDG/VS values. OCD gets me there LOL.

Isn't that Boeing's entry into the super haul market?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Airbus is mainly French/German so it makes sense that their national airlines are primarily Airbus.