Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

FS2004 Terra Emergence Project

Iv`e just installed the FS2004_Tep_vi1.0 textures and have a remarkable result scenery seems more realistic and no probs so far.

Good job Amie keep up the good work. B)  

Hi

Just come across this after been out of FS2004 for a while, just a question... Can this be used in conjunction with Ground Environment Pro, or is it a seperate program altogether?

Thank You

Nic

Hi

Just come across this after been out of FS2004 for a while, just a question... Can this be used in conjunction with Ground Environment Pro, or is it a seperate program altogether?

Thank You

Nic

I've not try, but it's possible: Just install FS2004-TEP after GEPro

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Thank you for these textures. They make FS9 look really good.

Now Aime could you use your talents with textures to do something about the Water in FS9?

"Now Aime could you use your talents with textures to do something about the Water in FS9?"

haha!  That would be nice.  On the subject of water, here is a question that I posted in the Scenery Design forum, but there isn't a lot of action over there; so I'll try my luck here instead...

"Right now my water (rivers) look very good at a somewhat flat angle of viewing.  But if I look more straight down, they look black.  I would like to try and have them look more muddy brown; or at least something more organic than black.  Should I be playing with the "sky_" series of textures, or the "env_" series?  Or something else?  Or maybe there is a relationship between the different textures?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated!  Thanks."

Ron

Dear Aimé!

This is the right time to say THANK YOU for your generous efforts.

You already made the best grass textures (= your outstanding "PICNIC"), at least in my book it`s a must have for simmers.

And now your TEP looks fine, too. Very well done!

(It'd be very nice, indeed, if you could refurbish the water textures in FS9 someday, like ja99 suggested. We surely all would be grateful...) :smile:

@Ron:

Water in FS2004 always has been a downer. I guess you know the numerous attempts of fellow-simmers here in the library to enhance the water textures. With regard to your problem, I suggest you play a bit with the "env_".series. They can give the textures a whole new look (more blue or more green and so on). I can recommend ed Truthan's "OceanFX2" to everyone. The documentation of Mr. Truthan gave me a lot insight in flightsim's water. Payware which offers useful water textures and/or effects is legendary "Flight Environment" and even Sandon Lyon's "Real H2O". I hope these programs can meet your needs.

Kind regards

Jens

Now Aime could you use your talents with textures to do something about the Water in FS9?

Hey, let me breathe a little! :lol:

Personally, I use REX, and seriously, I can not do that so well. (Shame)

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Here is an upgrade for Rockies textures (too green)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79445204/Colorado_color_correction_1.zip

587432YAFSS346.jpg

Thanks Ron for beta testing.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

FS9 is far from dead. FSX is dead on my system at least, as even with a high quality set up it is still far from smooth.

FS9 with all the addons allows a smoother more emersive experience, my setup allows graphics just as good as FSX.

Now we have even better FREE textures such as this and the whole world is a delight to fly in.

Well done to Aime and his brilliant work!

Looks superb. I'm currently in the process of retireing FS2004 and am doing a world tour with all my favourite addons. This looks to be a tremendous addon, and will probably make me fly more VFR legs than I had originally planned! Thanks a lot!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I hate to say this but I unfortunately have a problem with your awesome texture replacement. I am getting snow (hw) in places that don't get snow, southern US, Caribbean, South Pacific, etc. Any chance for an update to fix this ?

Thanks