Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer:

No matter what cowling setting I use oil/CHT values never redline. If I ram the throttle and leave it all the way open for as along as I want, nothing happens to the engine. You can actually redline all gauges and the plane still flies perfectly. Is it a glitch in the model?

In addition, the windsheild never freezes, nor does the pitot tube. Is this poor modelling again?

TCS

mine actually did redline twice over californina, which caught me by suprise, i was climbing from 14k to 18, and got alarm on panel, so i know it works, and weather was nice, so maybe hit some hot airpockets over ca.  

My values go over temp as well...  usually in CA lol (but I do a lot of my flying here online at Pilot Edge)

I don't know of any sim/addon with windshield freezing  :Tounge:

But the pitot port will freeze... happens to me when I fly near my hometown in northern MN.

Perhaps try a reinstall?  Also confirm you're using the Duke on FSX boxed and not SE?  I'm not sure if it works in SE.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've had engines blow, overheat, etc. Cowl flap management and power settings do matter (especially with the turbo).

Pitot freeze in moisture is also quite common.

Maybe tou have "easy" settings activated (don't where that would be except FSX general settings).

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, RealAir did not model engine failures in the piston (B60) Duke, V1 or V2.  The Turbine Duke has them (both adjust-ably random and based on abuse), but not the piston Duke.  As for the rest, I can certainly mismanage the engines and get CHT's to redline.  Steep climb with cowl flaps closed will do it even in reasonably cool conditions.  Hot and high, things are even more delicate.

As for pitot freezing I really can't say.  SOP is to turn pitot heat on prior to takeoff and leave it on until after landing, so I've never tested what would happen if I didn't.

Scott

Sadly, RealAir went out of business in 2017. More info here:  http://www.realairsimulations.net/  .........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.