Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

@ Cvearl when you said:  “This is Drivers 13.4, 13.9, 13.10, 13.11. Cloud Shader on or off in the fixer does not matter.

Do you mean you’re somehow running all these simultaneously? (If so, I didn't know that could be done). Or maybe you’re saying that you get this result with those drivers/CCC after trying each…Either way, switching from one version to the next is a 15 minute process at best! At least it is for me.

No. you can only use one driver at a time. Fully uninstall one (AMD Catalyst Install Manager) and then fully install any other driver. That's what I mean. I tested each of those drivers. 

Cloud Shader on or off is a SETTING in Steve's DX10 Fixer and only effects DX10 Preview mode.

I don't run the DX 10 Previwew because I have some add-ons that say something to the affect that their software isn't set to run with the DX 10 Preview on and I can't remember which ones they are... But I get pretty much the same results as you're showing in those pics. I run an easy 2 to 3 hours with all my sliders to max except the Terrain Res which I set to one notch down, (15 cm).

Um this thread is about DX10 Preview with Steve's DX10 Fixer. Not DX9 which no one has issues with using ATI's official WHQL driver 13.4.

Charles.

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=BZ28XX2fBXQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBZ28XX2fBXQ%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Black squares about 3 minutes on the right side.

Poul had me focused on the swapwaittimeout maxasyncbatchjobs or smallpartrejectradius line. I think its the last line who needs to be removed. Not 100% sure though.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

@Charles: Thanks Charles and I didn't express that last thought about DX9 very well, (I was interrupted while I was typing that). What I'm trying to say is basically what I had asked regarding the DX10 fixer... Where would that fixer be located in the FSX files?

If it's an addition made in the FSX.cfg file, what heading would it be under and would it show the version of that fixer, (I know there were earlier versions and I'm trying to find confirmation).

Thanks, Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

To be clear, I'm asking anyone who can please answer that question. It's not exclusively directed to Charles. So once again, the question is:

"Where would that fixer, (Steve's DX10 fixer), be located within the FSX files?

If it's an addition made in the FSX.cfg file, what heading would it be under and would it show the version of that fixer, (I know there were earlier versions and I'm trying to find confirmation)."

Thanks, Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

Yep, 

youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=BZ28XX2fBXQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBZ28XX2fBXQ%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Black squares about 3 minutes on the right side.

Yup, same squares as me:-) Gonna try those three suggestions a bit later tonight!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Wow, those airport lights, (particularly on the posts), are off the hook! Did you have the weather set for light fog or is that 'foggy lighting' look from the lights themselves?

Oh, BTW, are you guys just not telling me where to find the DX Fixer file within the FSX folder setup because you really don't know what I mean? I cantry to re-phrase if that's the case, but otherwise give me a break!

Wow, those airport lights, (particularly on the posts), are off the hook! Did you have the weather set for light fog or is that 'foggy lighting' look from the lights themselves?

Oh, BTW, are you guys just not telling me where to find the DX Fixer file within the FSX folder setup because you really don't know what I mean? I cantry to re-phrase if that's the case, but otherwise give me a break![/quote

Hmm not sure what you meen. The scenery fixer changes files in the SHADERSHLSL folder located in yor fsx directory but it will default install itself in programs(x86).have you looked in the manual?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

To be clear, I'm asking anyone who can please answer that question. It's not exclusively directed to Charles. So once again, the question is:

"Where would that fixer, (Steve's DX10 fixer), be located within the FSX files?

If it's an addition made in the FSX.cfg file, what heading would it be under and would it show the version of that fixer, (I know there were earlier versions and I'm trying to find confirmation)."

Thanks, Rich

Steve's DX10 Fixer is an add on for FSX to "fix" DX10 Preview. It modifies the Shader folder of FSX to "fix" issues present in default FSX DX10 Preview.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2630

The only thing it adds to FSX.CFG is a line to set 4xAA or 8xAA based on a setting in the fixer chosen by you.

Charles.

OK, I see. No I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to be sure that I haven't installed an earlier version months ago. You see, I don't seem to have the 'flashing' problems that this fixer handles and it may be because I've installed an earlier version and simply don't remember.

So I wanted to know where it would have installed itself if I did have it. Because my FSX and all the addons, (with exception to Megascenery stuff), has been installed on a dedicated HDD seperate from the O/S drive, (my specs are in the signature), it's likely that I would have directed it to the MS FSX location upon installation.

But if I did, I don't remeber and I don't know if I should install a software that addresses a problem I may not have. This latest setup of FSX, (about 4 months old now), is the best I've had in over 3 years, Dedicated drives are the key I think), so I appreciate it and I'll check out those locations ASAP.

Thanks, Rich

LOWW-LOWI in the Q400...aaaaand spikes are back:-/

I quit!

I'll stick to DX9 until I have a new GFX-card or P3D 2.0 is out....

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

LOWW-LOWI in the Q400...aaaaand spikes are back:-/

I quit!

I'll stick to DX9 until I have a new GFX-card or P3D 2.0 is out....

That's reasonable.

Before yo go back, can you tell me what you are doing with fps? Locked in FSX? Or externally with FSX set to unlimited. Let me know.

C.

Yeah, I've given up on the DX10 fixer for my HD7850 and sticking with DX9. I'm running 3 monitors at 5760 x 1200 (or is it 1080, I forget). Now to keep tweaking for the optimal settings for DX9.

Can anyone recommend a good nVidia card? I'd need one powerful enough to power 3 monitors.

That's reasonable.

Before yo go back, can you tell me what you are doing with fps? Locked in FSX? Or externally with FSX set to unlimited. Let me know.

C.

I used Michael Moes cfg with unlocked framerate. Before that i used a locked framerate of 30, but those spikes were there as well. I don't use any kind of external sw like RadeonPro...

I used Michael Moes cfg with unlocked framerate. Before that i used a locked framerate of 30, but those spikes were there as well. I don't use any kind of external sw like RadeonPro...

Oh my god  - this is a pain , i will try the same flight on my system. I have not seen any issues with that .cfg (+2-7 hours)

I do not have the Q400 so will try T7 and the NGX to see if i can reproduce.

Damn i hate AMD :-)

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png