Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heimi

Hardest Aerocache

Since there are no new Aerocaches anymore, what do you think is the hardest Aerocache in MSFlight?

I think for me it was the "Water,Water Everywhere" south of Big Island.

Because there was no real location or landmark, just a direction over water. Took me a while to find it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, "water,Water Everywhere" was difficault for sure. When I did find it I ran out of gas on the way back and got my feet wet. Also some of the Kauai Waterfalls like Hinalele, Waialae and Waipoo were very hard to get, should have required a chopper to get in there. But some of the most difficault were of our own creation like your own "Merrill Pass." Some like the "Herschel Island Oil Rig" and several around Terrenc B.C. were intirely "off the grid" and very hard to find. I still really miss the ability to create our own!

Steve

It did take a long time to find that darn little red cabin.

Steve

There were one or two on a glacier that required a lot of flying back and forth. Those are the most frustrating for me because, like "Water...", there really aren't a lot of indications. Just out there somewhere in the middle of nowhere, and good luck finding it. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Water water was definitely a really tough one. I had created one that never got made, it was on Mt. McKinley, a little camp with a fire and tents. It was really nice. I had expected that one to be a tough one. 

The one on hwy 61 was tough. Mainly because it was not on hwy 61 but on the second hwy north west of it.

Moe

For me, it would be the "Hakealala Sunrise" and the "Cone Island" ones; when I select either one, and click the "Start Hunt", it just takes me back to the map screen and gives me a "No Aerocaches Being Tracked" indication on the lower left.  So far, those are the only two (other than the still locked ones) I can't find.

There was one where you have to pretty much dive into a mountain, and good luck not crashing (cant remember which one it was) A lot of people resorted to getting the Aerocache, then frantically hitting pause before you smacked into the mountain, then pulling up the map and moving your plane elsewhere.

I think that Aerocache was probably designed with the helicopters that never came, in mind.  :lol:

There was one where you have to pretty much dive into a mountain, and good luck not crashing (cant remember which one it was) A lot of people resorted to getting the Aerocache, then frantically hitting pause before you smacked into the mountain, then pulling up the map and moving your plane elsewhere.

I think that Aerocache was probably designed with the helicopters that never came, in mind.  :lol:

I think that's the one at/near the Keck telescope.  You actually have to land near it, get out of the aircraft (hit "E") and walk to it.  That one was a hard on for me because of the altitude - I didn't have the Red Tails at that time & did it with the Icon.

The one on hwy 61 was tough. Mainly because it was not on hwy 61 but on the second hwy north west of it.

Moe

Yep, the Aerocache is actually on H3 when the description suggested it was on the Pali.  I reported that as a bug in the beta, but I guess it was never resolved.