Sign in to follow this  
yidahoo

Still waiting for Flightsimstore to send me the link

I ordered DX10 Fixer yesterday morning from Flightsimstore. As yet I have not received the link from them. I have been in touch with them and they claim they need further verification of the payment and that this take 60 minutes during office hours, which basically means tomorrow. 

I am not prone to complaining but in this day and age, an internet store that sells worldwide should at least be able to help their customers at the weekend, which is when many people purchase products.

What annoys me is that I paid from a verified Paypal account with a Paypal balance, not using any registered credit card, an account that I have used for years without problem. Checking my Paypal account, payment has been made and confirmed, a copy of which I have sent to Flightsimstore, whom until now have not replied. It's not as if I am a new customer, I bought REX from them a year or so back.

I had been looking forward to getting my teeth into DX10 fixer this weekend but that looks increasingly unlikely now and with work commitments, I am looking at next weekend at least before I can use a product that I bought yesterday. 

Now I am seriously considering canceling the order and purchasing something else from another online store.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

At the end of the successful purchase, you should get  this screen pop up. It has the download link in it, and you don't need any email from FSS for this to happen.

The purchase details - the FSS xxxxx number, date and order number - will be emailed to you, pretty much immediately.

All you need to do right now, is to log back in, go to your account, - account history, and you will find the purchase, along with 100 downloads still available - ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul but unfortunately they are querying the Paypal payment and so will not activate the download until that is cleared. I can understand the need for vigilance when it comes to credit card fraud but I paid directly from a Paypal balance and Paypal says the payment has been processed.

What bugs me is that there is no-one to deal with this at the weekend, I have to wait at least 48 hours before someone can investigate the problem. In the internet age there should be people that can deal with problems, if not 24/7 then at least on a daily basis. Even bricks and mortars stores in many countries are open Saturdays and Sundays

Jason E Row

Thanks Steve, I am sure it will sorted tomorrow, its just frustrating having to wait the entire weekend to get the verification done.

It is Monday morning in Australia, so you should hear something in the next few hours.

I am guessing it is Sunday where you are located.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well, its 7am here in Ukraine, 3pm in NSW Australia and not a single email from them. It seems there "sorted out in 60 minutes during business hours" claim is just not true. Sadly I am going to cancel the order, they have sat on my money long enough without providing a product.

Steve, is there any other way I can purchase DX10 Fixer from you?

Jason E Row

Sadly it is a Public Holiday in NSW to-day.

Thanks for the update Graham, I didn't realize and no mention of this was made by them in emails to me, I had assumed Monday would be there next business hours. Still, in my opinion there is no excuse not to be able to help customers at the weekend. If you sell digital downloads, internationally you should be able to sort out problems within a few hours not several days when the shop reopens after a long weekend.

Jason E Row

So a quick update to the situation, 30 seconds after receiving a terse email from their support saying that Paypal had not released the money, they verified payment and sent the link. This was the email. 

Dear Sir,

No, we have not, that is what I am saying, Paypal is holding this up, not us, the money is ‘stuck’ with Paypal, we cannot refund what we do not have.

Kind Regards, 

Jay Kae 

This was despite the fact that Paypal had completed payment with in seconds of purchase on Saturday, and me showing them evidence of this in the form of a PDF of the transaction. 
Now looking forward to spending some time in DX10 but needless to say will not be purchasing anything further from Flightsimstore. 
Thanks to all those that responded on this thread.

Jason E Row

Hi yidahoo,

Without knowing the particulars of your specific order I can't say for sure but this looks like your transaction was caught by our anti-fraud system which picks up key indicators of common fraudulent situations and locks the order pending further manual verification by our staff. I suspect in your case the indicator here may have been a country mismatch between one of the physical addresses on your order and the IP address you were using at the time the order was placed.

Generally we process locked orders within 24 hours, either releasing them right away or requesting further information to verify some details, and this usually does happen even over weekends or public holidays. However, this last long weekend we did not have staff available to process these verifications and this accounts for the delay in releasing your order.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to offer you a discount on your next order. Please provide me with your order number so that I can look you up in our system and send you a coupon code.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

in my opinion there is no excuse not to be able to help customers at the weekend.

Do you work 24/ 7- I don't?

Do you work 24/ 7- I don't?

Odd question, seeing as it would be physically impossible. I do however sort out my clients requests and problems at the weekends, which is what I was suggesting, that an internet shop selling digital downloads to a worldwide market should not only respond but sort out problems at some time over a weekend period.

With that said The FlightSimStore have generously apologized above and I gratefully accept that apology. 

Jason E Row

Automated systems are good at processing straightforward sales; they are not good at responding to emails which  requires human intervention.

I suggest it's unreasonable to expect staff to be employed 24/7 to handle occasional emails immediately and that a next-working-day response is reasonable - especially if you want to keep the price down.