Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Any info of progress regarding SP1?

Hey, I know PMDG doesn't like to give dates for it's products, neither for patches, since everything can change in the last minute. But seeing the Issue Tracking Thread, I get the idea one of the only issues left to get the SP1 ready is the new code for the FBW. This is the biggest thing in this SP1 in my opinion too! It's keeping me from enjoying this bird for now.

Could PMDG give us an estimate of progress regarding how is the new FBW code coming along, if they think it's in the right path, or if there's still much research and work to be done? I love hand flying these birds, that's why I'm so anxious about this one feature.

Thank you for the time!

Alexis

Alexis Mefano

It's going to be a bit still. The long pauses/freezes are actually the major issue and we're still trying to figure out how they're happening. We've reproduced it a few times in the debugger, but none of the code that gets stuck in a loop when it happens is from the 777, (it's FSX and Windows dlls) so we're trying to figure out how that's possible.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

(...), but none of the code that gets stuck in a loop when it happens is from the 777, (it's FSX and Windows dlls) so we're trying to figure out how that's possible.

I see those freezes happening over and over with a different aircraft, too - is it related to the T7 at all? That is, to the installation/presence of the T7, not to its use on an actual flight?

At least now i know this issue is under major consideration. Sim locked up after takeoff from Dubai. Looks like the T7 will be going into the maintenance hangar for now. Hopefully you find a solution Ryan!

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Kudos to PMDG for looking at this issue!  It's plagued me as well, once with the T7 and a few times in the past with the MD11.  Only FSX freezes right up for up to 5-10mins.  Saitek radio panel turns off and all FSX connections from the secondary PC are disconnected.  The sim sound is still going but no response.  If you're in window'd mode you can still use the PC as this affects only FSX.

Eventually it does unfreeze and can continue flying.  No CTD's have occurred because of it.  It's only happened to me during longer IFR flights and I've had it happen more than once in a single flight.

Hopefully some link to the root of this issue will be found...

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

hmm this is just an experience long time ago but i did have this issue with simconnect and my network adapter and a secondary PC but havent had Any after my re-installed Windows and FSX.

I still cant figure out why my load stops at 6% for a minute or so but the simconnect log do wait for something i guess. The hdd is not doing anything

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It's going to be a bit still. The long pauses/freezes are actually the major issue and we're still trying to figure out how they're happening. We've reproduced it a few times in the debugger, but none of the code that gets stuck in a loop when it happens is from the 777, (it's FSX and Windows dlls) so we're trying to figure out how that's possible.

i ve had those freezes sometimes ago with some other aircrafts and even with default ones, then i did a search at the time on net as i had no idea what was going on. what i found is something called ''UIAutomationCore.dll'' (sorry im not good at these computer stuffs) what i do is i put this UIAutomationCore.dll in my fsx directory then all freezes&crashes are gone since then even with the 777 never had those 30 sec freezes.

now i keep that thing in safe as much as i do my pmdg copies in my safest usb and put it back in the fsx every time i reinstall it.

i know your team is a lot more advanced but if you think it will help you guys i can send the UIAutomationCore.dll to you.

maybe you already know those things but anyway im trying to give a hand :)

good luck

cheers

It isn't always where the code is that is the problem. The code which is stuck could be waiting for information from the 777 code to update. Maybe a DO WHILE or DO UNTIL type statement.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Does using DX10 produce an app hang? I would test myself, but I'm up in the air in my NGX  :P .

I'll have a go tomorrow to try and test the theory out if no one else has?

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

Got a hang once - went into resource monitor, found that FSX was waiting for some other proces, shot that one in the head, sim went back no problem. Don't remember what was the other process though.

I'm hanging just now, was going to ask what process it was but I just read your last sentence lol. Would you able to tell me how to pinpoint the process causing the hang? I'm in resource monitor just now.

EDIT: Hang has passed. But if you have any info I could use for the next one that would be great!

Edited by jambo50

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

Thank you for the answer. Never had this issue myself, but I hope you guys find the solution quickly!

Alexis Mefano

Odd. I only remember the t7 freezing on me once during my first test flight from KBFI to KPDX and it was for about 30 seconds. After that, it has never frozen.

This issue plagued me earlier on, and after going through the fixes suggested in the cfg file, airport add-on manager, etc., one clean un-install of add-ons + FSX and their subsequent re-install I ended up clean re-install of the entire Windows 8 Pro. 

Subsequent re-install seemed to solve the problem as there weren't any hang-ups for a while, but then one day - BAM! - it froze the daylights out of me! And I almost gave up on FSX. But I got down to the nitty-gritty & went about updating the drivers for my Video Card - fine, and then sound card - AHA! I haven't had issues since. And I'm looking very closely at the sound card driver as the culprit as my video card is updated very regularly via the NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I have the ASUS Realtek sound card and I updated that driver. 

I can only make time for this stirring passion on the weekends, and I have to do the flights real time to allow me to cover errands, and I haven't yet had the issue crop up again. I mostly only end up doing one flight, or two if I'm lucky. I sync the T7 UTC clock with system clock and I haven't seen any lags between them every time I come back to it - SO FAR! The freezes would actually pause the sim as it recovered from the sticky situation and resume from just where it left off. The only tweaks I now have in the FSX.cfg are the ones for the HIGHMEM and BUFFERPOOLS. 

But the SP-1 is eagerly anticipated, because the interesting observation here is that it started happening after the T7 joined the rest of the fleet in FSX. It never happened before on the NGX or the PMDG MD-11. But after the T7 install everything would freeze. I'm sure this problem is more complicated and the team at PMDG is simulating various system set ups, so the fix they come up with is going to be the most reliable solution for everyone. 

This is such an awesome hobby!

-Jay

hey ryan any chance that we can get a hotfix of whatvevers has already been fixed in ur long list? theres quite alot of quirks there and looks like the freezing is the main thing left outstanding and an actual service pack will be months away. a small hotfix or patch would be great soon considering its been over a month since the rtm release to tidy a few things up instead of waiting a few extra months. cheers.

Kaveesh.