Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Wow.... Q400 fans... take a look at this!

Bit of an update for you chaps, we've released a short teaser of the kind of thing we cover in the training - this one is about the importance of setting the seat height correctly and getting the perspective out the window to look like that of a real Q400. Enjoy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPR00-fxY3U

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Very cool!! I always seemed to get "bored" during AoA training, this seems to add a little more of a "real" training to it with things being explained along the way. I will certainly be interested in this!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Wow, thank you for this info ... added my email to your updates.  Looking forward to getting this once released.

Not trying to stray away from this most interesting topic at hand, but I have to ask. In the first video, the q400 is on final and the view out the cockpit window is blurry at a distance and sharp within the cabin. Is this some kind of video editing. No way can this be done in fsx natively, correct?

Edit:  Or wait, is that scene at the end actual video of a real q400 on approach? Really confused by this eye candy!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Marc, the first video uses a bit of real world Q400 footage in the trailer to emphasise the 'real world' aspect although there are no plans to include it in the actual training, which is all based inside FSX, as per the second film.

A few people have asked about ENB settings etc, none was used for filming as it can be easily added post production to give more of a 'cinematic' look.

HTH.  

Well made videos, and the way the seat position one was presented was really entertaining, and the brittish accents are just perfect for training videos. Definitely getting this if it is priced reasonably!

Edit:  Or wait, is that scene at the end actual video of a real q400 on approach? Really confused by this eye candy!

Thank you for this nice compliment :)

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Thank you for this nice compliment :)

If FSX actually looked like that...I think we would all have died and gone to heaven...lol.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

If FSX actually looked like that...I think we would all have died and gone to heaven...lol.

Very true! Bit of an update for you - the folks here at AVSIM have kindly provided us with a commercial support forum so we can keep you guys updated. Over there we'll have all the latest previews and updates for you on what we're up to and also be able to give you guys help and tips as we get into the Q400 Training and beyond. You can find it right here: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/651-airline2sim-support-forum/

Please come over and say hi.

You should, cause the Q400 is ridiculously good. It's one of, if not the best plane for FSX

Plus one!

Ridiculous Good!!!

The Q400 is taking us into NEW territory! Hopefully others will follow!

Works outside of FSX and now the shared cockpit feature in the upcoming PRO version.

Imagine flying the Q400 for a virtual airline on Vatsim, WITH, someone else as the copilot!!! How crazy is that!

This training looks great!

B.

Super. I'd buy that training

Super. I'd buy that training