Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Can the airlines get anything right?

So passenger Les Price who weighs 235kg was told by the airline he was flying with he would have to purchase 2 tickets because anyone over 127kg will require the extra space. The airline booking system assigned his two seats 2 rows apart from each other.

Poor guy as he did everything the airline asked of him. The booking system obviously does not reflect the airline policy. Looks like the software needs to be updated.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/9284568/Obese-man-forced-to-buy-two-seats

Matthew Kane

He's probably big enough to still occupy those two seats rows apart.

I know what I would love to post here!

But I am not going to do it!

I know Tom is aching to bar me.

So I am going to leave it alone.

But here is me on the inside: :LMAO:  :unsure:   :Cry:  :ph34r:

He's probably big enough to still occupy those two seats rows apart.

Oh yes and of course you will get away with it!

This might be a good time to discuss Nutrisytem?

Yeah the article was saying he was a former rugby player that was injured in the workplace, so was bedridden for a while. He is now working on a show with the BBC to set things right again, this is why he was flying as it was for the BBC.

235kg is over 500 lbs so that is a lot of weight to lose. wish him all the best.

Matthew Kane

You SOB's, if I posted any comment like those I would be Hung drawn and quartered.

I am reporting all of you to the moderator and getting you all barred from AVSIM for life.

I am even going to report the moderator to the moderators.

You are all disgusting and offensive making fun of big fat people who cant fit

through the door of airplanes except the cargo door. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Big fat smelly people have feeling too and in our current age of political correctness in is inappropriate

to be laughing our asses of at them. :Shame On You:

You SOB's, if I posted any comment like those I would be Hung drawn and quartered.

I am reporting all of you to the moderator and getting you all barred from AVSIM for life.

through the door of airplanes except the cargo door. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Big fat smelly people have feeling too and in our current age of political correctness in is inappropriate

Dave,

Weight and balance, profit and loss, are legitimate issues in the airline industry.  PC goes out the door when you're about to fly to 40,000 feet.

But, in the interest of fairness, I have reported myself to my boss, as you requested.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Just fly with Air Samoa....They don't sell airplane tickets as they do charge you by your total weight including you and your luggage.

They don't care how many people are on board as all those people paid by weight and not by seat.

They also add and remove seats accordingly as they are a Combi operation and can install a big guy seat if needed.

Matthew Kane

Reported. What a disgusting comment to make.

Reported. What a disgusting comment to make.

Yes this seems to be stemming from somewhere else.

Words from the great Lesley Nielson....Nothing to see here  B)  

Matthew Kane

Just fly with Air Samoa....They don't sell airplane tickets as they do charge you by your total weight including you and your luggage.

They don't care how many people are on board as all those people paid by weight and not by seat.

They also add and remove seats accordingly as they are a Combi operation and can install a big guy seat if needed.

That's awesome. Lol. I like that operation. Seems like they just adapted to their environment.

I wonder if they still turn good profit though. Will have to check that out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

I knew about that, but what's the pricing? A certain amount per KG?

About this story. The poor guy was bed ridden while injured and he is trying to get better. Seems like an unfortunate event for the guy.

So passenger Les Price who weighs 235kg was told by the airline he was flying with he would have to purchase 2 tickets because anyone over 127kg will require the extra space.

So, uh, Les Price had to pay more price?