Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Floats...

Hi there.

Looking for floats.

Anything better than the default Beaver?

Looking at some Carenados, but it must have autopilot.

Anyone?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Looks amazing.

I could at least get that one.

I mostly fly with water around me, so it's about time I use it :-)

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

You could also try the default Grumman Goose with the freeware Aussiex "Redux" package, which includes new flight dynamics, a standard and a high performance version and great HD textures. It's really awesome IMHO!

If you really want a payware plane, the Twotter is probably the way to go, although I have to say I like the C185 (bush version) by Carenado very much, too.

+1 for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended. It's a marvelous addon in all aspects you can think off. Now the package has all the -300 variants. They are still working on the -100 variants that will be added to the package free of charge for existing customers.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

+1 for both the Twotter as well as the C185. Of course the Twin Otter is more in terms of features, systems, textures, etc, but the C185 remains one of my favorite non-complex planes in FSX.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Get the new Twotter, you will not be disappointed!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Should the new Twin Otter Extended float have the sound of the floats on the water (when landed)?

I hear absolutely no water type noise, compared to the C185 Float from Carenado which included water sounds.

Also, the A2A Piper Cub has an awesome float version if you don't mind the slow going.

Hope they make a float version of their new C172!

B,

It does!

What an AMAZING aircraft!
I know i'm getting a good amount of hours in that one...

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

SWingman's Grumman Duck gives you another freeware amphibian option. Also from that era, Lionheart's Fairchild 24 and Piper Pacer come with float versions, as does the GAS Stinson 'Gullwing' Reliant. There's also a float equipped Ford Trimotor (CR1 I think is the developer). Sibwings Bird Dog also comes with floats.

And if you like the Twotter, Aerosoft also make the PBY Catalina - very cool!