Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Has anyone managed to replace the cheerleader pilot - Baytower RV-7?

Note to self: Only put a female crew into the cockpits of any future aircraft projects. A female crew with non-white ethnicity to drive the point home.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Some 'games' allow the user to change the face, skin color, sometimes even body types, etc. to the user's liking. Maybe someday they'll do that for FSX. I won't hold my breath. But why not allow me to simulate myself in the cockpit? That would be sorta cool but since most of my friends think I'm a geek for hiding in my home office nights to fly and call me a recluse, they likely wouldn't see "mini-me" in the cockpit anyway, so no use. The other friends are doing the same thing at home and I'd never see their "mini-thems" either.

Best I could do in a pinch..

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Note to self: Only put a female crew into the cockpits of any future aircraft projects. A female crew with non-white ethnicity to drive the point home.

What is the point you are attempting to "drive home"?

Personally, I prefer a different representation to the current female pilot with the constant idiot grin.   I like A2A's way of allowing one to select a pilot from several different options, in their Cessna 172.

Alexander Alonso

How does this work for you guys:

Good start.  What can you do with the ponytail? B)

Ray

OK - more grin, less grin..

This is like being a little less pregnant.  Keep working at it, Bert.  Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Best I could do in a pinch..

Maybe with a little more time you could actually come up with something a little more presentable.  Thanks for the post. :wacko:

Ray

Maybe someday they'll do that for FSX. I won't hold my breath.

Well, you could go back to the old days and just put very simple pilot models into the cockpits. Face/Off could then be achieved with a mere texture edit.

What is the point you are attempting to "drive home"?

You're supposed to fly the aircraft (from the VC), not bother about who's sitting in the pilot seat.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Actually, I'm supposed to fly the aircraft however I like. 

I do mostly fly from the VC but I enjoy switching through the different views that MS kindly provided us with, from time to time.  With EZdok, those views are even better.  It lets me appreciate the airplane that I'm flying and the scenery that I'm overflying.

Having a different pilot figure, in my case a male figure, to select from, helps with the sense of actually being the pilot flying the plane.  As soon as I swap to an outside view and get a glimpse of our "happy girl", that suspension of unbelief is immediately lost.   It's actually not a big deal, as I mentioned previously, I simply turned off the option to show a pilot.  Still, it would be nice to have options. 

Alexander Alonso

You're supposed to fly the aircraft (from the VC), not bother about who's sitting in the pilot seat.

Fully disagree here.  IMHO.  :mad:

Ray

One isn't always "flying the aircraft," most especially when it's sitting parked on the ramp... B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One isn't always "flying the aircraft," most especially when it's sitting parked on the ramp... B)

'actly, or when taking screenshots. etc.

Ray