Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hernandez12

I'm novice in FSX

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that where do i start from fsx? But i have no idea what documentation should i read, any suggestion for that? But i like airline only though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My heart goes out to you amigo. :(  Kiss your life goodbye!  :rolleyes:  But welcome anyway. :biggrin:

I know, that's not much help, but try asking yourself a question about FSX and then do a search. You will be amazed at what you'll turn up. Good luck. :wink:

- Ground school in FSX

- sites like smartcockpit.com

- the US FAA has published some good free pdf documents on their website, too, regarding airmanship and more

We are all novice, even with ys of experience. You will learn much more by doing that reading

Within FSX, Learning Center and Tutorial Missions is where I suggest you start.

We are all novice, even with ys of experience. You will learn much more by doing that reading

That's my modus operandi

Within FSX, Learning Center and Tutorial Missions is where I suggest you start.

I had one go at flying through the hoops and decided I knew enough to take to the skies!

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that where do i start from fsx? But i have no idea what documentation should i read, any suggestion for that? But i like airline only though

You say you like airlines only, but what is it you like about them and what is it you want to achieve in FSX? What is your current skill level in aviation? Do you want to have "just" fun, or do you aspire to fly as realisitc as possible? If you go for the latter just be warned that it will take almost as much reading and practice as in the real world to master a commercial airliner.

People love FSX for many different reasons, so it is hard to give general advice. Some use it as a moving map and for sightseeing, some make videos, some create aircraft and scenery, some fly misisons and adventures, others do barnstorming or bush flying, while some fly heavy iron in their garage in a home build cokpit costing 1000s of $ and 1000s of hours to build. Some do it all.

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun.

- Ground school in FSX

- sites like smartcockpit.com

- the US FAA has published some good free pdf documents on their website, too, regarding airmanship and more

Sounds great. but from your mean ground school in FSX is Learning Center there? Can I straight away to start to learn airline. because i don't like to fly any small aircraft and i think i will get ATPL only in the future .work as airline

Hello everyone,

Use the FSX built-in tutorial flying lessons like the ground school. That is a great start from zero.

Also, fly the FSX missions. Those begin from very easy and then go over to more complex levels

That would keep you busy for a while.

There are also several channels in youtube with instructional videos as well. A good one is FSXGENIUS. This is the link to the first lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijpiqYldYOY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL5ROzH49SRwvHfqU1pIHH-lxxLkvvjd5S 

Also, there are pay ware lessons you can get, like those from Angle of Attack. Here is their link

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

You say you like airlines only, but what is it you like about them and what is it you want to achieve in FSX? What is your current skill level in aviation? Do you want to have "just" fun, or do you aspire to fly as realisitc as possible? If you go for the latter just be warned that it will take almost as much reading and practice as in the real world to master a commercial airliner.

People love FSX for many different reasons, so it is hard to give general advice. Some use it as a moving map and for sightseeing, some make videos, some create aircraft and scenery, some fly misisons and adventures, others do barnstorming or bush flying, while some fly heavy iron in their garage in a home build cokpit costing 1000s of $ and 1000s of hours to build. Some do it all.

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun.

Well said.  Thanks.

Ray

There are also several channels in youtube with instructional videos as well. A good one is FSXGENIUS. This is the link to the first lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijpiqYldYOY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL5ROzH49SRwvHfqU1pIHH-lxxLkvvjd5S 

Hernandez12,

I just jumped over to the FSXgenius link above and found 3 almost one-hour videos.  I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class.  There are almost unlimited slants or tangents that one can take when learning any complicated subject but this would be well spent time for an introduction with lots of sights and sounds of FSX. 

Your initial post stated you preferred airlines so this same site has a well done overview of Vatsim using FSX so you can see how the 737 looks while flying realistic flights in FSX.  Look for the VATSIM Tutorial - full.

Thanks to the Genius for posting.

Regards,

Ray

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun

I have don't know much about aviator but in the future I will study ATPL only. work as airline. so I just considering to fly airline only. to be a master in airline. my reason is just wanna fly an airline in fsx to pratice my skills in the future

I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class. 

There are also quite a few websites to help new simmers in FSX

You can try this one from Argentina, for example

http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/escuela.htm

Also there are some videos here

http://www.taringa.net/posts/ebooks-tutoriales/2186175/Aprende-a-volar-en-fsx.html

And also one an watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPuTjWkm0E&feature=plcp

I have don't know much about aviator but in the future I will study ATPL only. work as airline. so I just considering to fly airline only. to be a master in airline. my reason is just wanna fly an airline in fsx to pratice my skills in the future

I see. I will caution you not to study too much on your own. If you plan on becoming a real pilot you might pick up a lot of bad habits not rooted in how things are done in the real world, and these habbits can be hard to fight when you start flying for real. The paradox is that it isn't until you have become a real world pilot that you will understnad how to use the simulator properly and to your advantage. If you're that serious take some flying lessons in a real aircraft (and in a simulator). It will be well worth it and will get you up to speed faster than any amount of time spent in a simulator will.

That said, there's still plenty of fun to be had in the simulator. I suggest you start out with some of the missions, then pick up this book that will guide you through the basic concepts in a systematic and entertaining way: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1382452798&sr=8-14&keywords=flight+simulator+x

Use the FSX built-in tutorial flying lessons like the ground school. That is a great start from zero.

Also, fly the FSX missions. Those begin from very easy and then go over to more complex levels

That would keep you busy for a while.

Also, there are pay ware lessons you can get, like those from Angle of Attack. Here is their link

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

Sounds great. But I think I won't go through any missions on fsx. I only just want to pratice my skills in airline order for future study in my ATPL. Thanks for your provided me. but it's really good one FSXGENIUS? By the way, which one you are going first?

Hernandez12,

I just jumped over to the FSXgenius link above and found 3 almost one-hour videos.  I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class.  There are almost unlimited slants or tangents that one can take when learning any complicated subject but this would be well spent time for an introduction with lots of sights and sounds of FSX. 

Your initial post stated you preferred airlines so this same site has a well done overview of Vatsim using FSX so you can see how the 737 looks while flying realistic flights in FSX.  Look for the VATSIM Tutorial - full.

Thanks to the Genius for posting.

Regards,

Ray

OK. i just have a look first ray. by the way thanks in advance first

If you are wanting to go commercial, try PMDG's 777 here: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/777LRF.html for FSX .  They also sell training manuals here: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=14

This isn't going to make you a commercial pilot, but when you start to do real world training this will give you a HUGE head start and hence advantage.

Rob

Better to start on their 737 surely (or a decent payware A320 series)? You'll never go straight into a 777 from training.

Better to start on their 737 surely (or a decent payware A320 series)? You'll never go straight into a 777 from training.

True, but I doubt anyone would go straight to a 737 either.  I recall reading a thread about this somewhere with input from real commercial pilots and I don't think any of them started with a 737?   

Sounds great. but from your mean ground school in FSX is Learning Center there? Can I straight away to start to learn airline. because i don't like to fly any small aircraft and i think i will get ATPL only in the future .work as airline

Do some bush flying in singles then pick up a plane like the beech duke from realair or cessna 310 from milviz learn to fly multi engines and how to hand fly on gauges(approaches ect), then jets,then airliners its a longer road but you will learn a lot more that way.

If you plan to go to the airlines in the real world be warned its a long hard road I've been on for 6 years and still haven't made it. Most airlines want thousands of hours of flight time and they don't count fsx unfortently otherwise Id be a 777 captain by now lol. If you have any questions Id be happy to help.

I understand you only want to practice flying airliners but take note that it is very important, if not mandatory, to first learn how flying an airplane actually works. Without the basics you will never become a save airline pilot. And imho you are skipping a lot of important steps when you start focusing on airliners right from the start. In those planes a lot is automated and done by pushing buttons. But you really have to know what keeps your plane in the air when those buttons fail.

So even when you are interested in airliners only, I think you shouldn't skip the small planes and actualy learn to fly them by hand before you take on those big ones. If you don't, you might get away with flying airliners in FSX, even complicated ones, but you will soon find out in real life, when you begin your actual lessons, that you lack a lot of basic knowledge... and you probably will have to start all over again.

I also agree with what has been said earlier: if you really want to do this in real life, get some real flying time and don't try to learn it all in FSX because 1. that's impossible and 2. you will indeed develop bad habits which may be hard to get rid off.

Lots of good advice has been given here and we don't have any idea about your age, your resources, your available time to devote to your learning and all the other important information. But, good luck with your endeavor.

Regards,

Ray

You do realize that you have to fly a single engine prop aircraft first...before moving to multi engine props and and so on until you fly airliners.

I am not sure how one could learn or find materials in the web that teaches basics of VOR, NDB, ILS to someone using  an airliner.

I am not sure if there is one single pilot who started on an airliner. 

I can't imagine someone using the PMDG 777 and then asking..whats an NDB, whats an ILS, whats an IFR, whats the function of a rudder....etc

Sorry to be blunt and I don't mean to be rude to a newbie...if you are not willing even in the sim world to pick up a prop aircraft and learn the basic of flying, then you are only going to asking silly questions and wasting people time here.

well I started with the pmdg 737 ngx with no knowledge of aviation.

it wasn't easy but it worked more or less ...

if you program the 737 correctly it's pretty much automated and you don't have to do much to get from a to b with autoland.

but if someone comes and say fly a vor/ndb approach you might have a problem.

I don't see any problems to dig a bit in airliners first. But sooner than later you will go back to a simple aircraft like the a2a c172 and try to learn the basics.

If you want to have fun no problems. If you want to be serious better start small with singleengine prop and vfr and don't neglect atc and ifr in the future.