Sign in to follow this  
chad556

Word of Caution if coming or going to Guam in FSX

Have just tried this new version, and it is spot on. fantastic performance, works great in DX10. Thanks to the dev, he really lifted his game. Well done.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just tried it myself as well. Looks to use ~2.2 GB of RAM--which is a huge improvement! Truth be told it's still a little harder on FPS than I'd like, but it's now a very solid rendition of an interesting destination. Thanks, and nicely done!

James

Just tried it myself as well. Looks to use ~2.2 GB of RAM--which is a huge improvement! Truth be told it's still a little harder on FPS than I'd like, but it's now a very solid rendition of an interesting destination. Thanks, and nicely done!

James

A lite version is available too

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=180765

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I downloaded PGUM v3 a couple weeks back and finally got around to installing it.  A HUGE improvement in frames over v2.  I tested out the trike followed up by a 777 and I'm very happy with the results.  I now have another great airport to fly to in the Pacific.  A big hats off to the developer!!

Chris Sunseri

Are the crashes (with invisible objects perhaps) when starting a flight at a gate, going to be fixed?

Is anyone out there with v4 (and the fix) able to run this scenery smoothly?  Even with the most-current version, I'm not able to get above 10-12 FPS.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I didn't know there was a v4 out, so I may have to give it a looky loo.  I'm still using v3 and the frame rates are acceptable, but still lower than some payware airports.  Prior to v3 it was one of those bloody slide shows :ph34r:

Chris Sunseri

Yes, I've installed the fix and still get lousy performance. Likely will just delete it again. Has anyone tried to contact the developer? I get 20 FPS in a default Cessna (barely). Way lower than any payware airport I have.

v4 with fix

iFly 737 VC view facing the terminal : 20-25 fps here. Goes up to 30-35 once I takeoff. There's a spot some where just west of the airport where it always drop to 10-15 fps.

v4 with fix

iFly 737 VC view facing the terminal : 20-25 fps here. Goes up to 30-35 once I takeoff. There's a spot some where just west of the airport where it always drop to 10-15 fps.

That sounds about right. Over the cost, approaching the 6's seems worse.

There was a fix for the FPS problem that came out in April, 2014.

I'm not having any problems with it using PMDG aircraft.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

There was a fix for the FPS problem that came out in April, 2014.

I'm not having any problems with it using PMDG aircraft.

Billy Bluestar

I have the referenced fix installed with no effect.

yes,  but the difference is that dx9 mandates that whatever you have in video memory be mirrored in VAS,  not such a big deal with a 1 gb card,  but your monster 4 gb card could theoretically take out your entire VAS space if it's using all it's memory (which it might be if this scenery isn't optimized)  dx10 doesn't mirror anything into VAS, so you have a lot more headroom to play with.  somebody with a lesser video card might not be seeing this problem.  I'll see if I can download and test it sometime tomorrow,  this has me curious.

This is a myth. (unfortunately originally perpetrated by me back when we were trying to figure out what was going on with the skeleton planes and stuff before HIGHMEMFIX=1 was discovered) It only shadows the in-use VRAM into VAS - 100% positive on that. I wouldn't even be able to load the sim with my new 6GB 780 if that were the case and I've had no issues at all with it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's not even all of the VRAM in use that is shadowed into VAS (see Scott's post or this other thread where it's been discussed previously). 

Dead easy to test.

Run no AA, then some insane amounts of AA

VRAM usage sky-rockets, VAS remains pretty much the same

I believe it's just vertex buffers that are mirrored in VAS. At any rate it amounts to just a few hundred MB

This is a myth. (unfortunately originally perpetrated by me back when we were trying to figure out what was going on with the skeleton planes and stuff before HIGHMEMFIX=1 was discovered) It only shadows the in-use VRAM into VAS - 100% positive on that. I wouldn't even be able to load the sim with my new 6GB 780 if that were the case and I've had no issues at all with it.

It's not even all of the VRAM in use that is shadowed into VAS (see Scott's post or this other thread where it's been discussed previously). 

Dead easy to test.

Run no AA, then some insane amounts of AA

VRAM usage sky-rockets, VAS remains pretty much the same

I believe it's just vertex buffers that are mirrored in VAS. At any rate it amounts to just a few hundred MB

Glad I had not been smoking something when I called BS on the VAS and VRAM connection.

C.