Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

MyTrafficX 5.4C - ATI - traffic levels

Jim, According to the MytrafficX support forum, version 5.4c was just released Aug 23rd of this year. 5.4b was released December of 2012.

Hi Ted.  Yes, I just recently installed MyTrafficX 5.4c when I rebuilt my computer.  Thanks for reminding me.  And I just updated to 5.4c in August.  I guess what I was thinking was that I had never seen a CTD with MyTrafficX EVER and it was strange it just started happening.  Then I find this topic and I see others with ctd's too.  All of my scenery now is MSE V2 stuff and just the FTX/Orbx PNW scenery.  I have a feeling the problem is related to schedules as I have been following the CTD topics in the MyTrafficX forum.  Maybe the schedules just do not like our new airports we have found for their aircraft!  LOL.  In my case though I do not have any new airports as none come with MSE V2 so I'm using MyTrafficX mainly.  Thanks Ted for your help and comments.  Jim

Jim there are some patches on the 5.4c support forum that they are asking people to try.

Thanks.  I was looking at those threads.  I'll have to register and get them. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm glad I saw this topic. My CTD's started around the same time - the update to 5.4c.

Of course, now I have half my aircraft and sceneries uninstalled - but it gives me some direction and prevents me from uninstalling even further.

I'll test various scenarios with MTX tonight and report back.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Went back to the 2012 MT schedule and I've completed a flight for the first time in weeks with no CTD. 2 flights KATL - KRDU (with CS 757) and KRDU - KJFK (with PMDG 737).

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

It looks like the crashes are caused by 5.4c and, most likely, the 2013 schedule.  I just removed 5.4c and reinstalled up to 5.4b and all my crashes are gone. 

There are a lot of ntdll.dll and StackHash crashes here in this forum and I'm beginning to think all or most of them might have been caused by MyTrafficX 5.4c.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, Did you try the patch that Burkhard had on the support forum? Just curious as I haven't had the time to try it myself.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Hi Ted,

No, did not try the patch.  According to the thread, it works for some but not for all and the only thing that seems to be working is to get rid of the 2013 schedule and go back to the 2012 schedule.  Another thing this seems to be common is the fact the error occurs when the AI setting is set to 40 or higher.  I had mine on 30 and only recently raised mine to 40 and looking back, that seems to be the time I started seeing unexplained crashes.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim, I'm just going to stay with 5.4b then. Looks like Burkhard is revising the 2013 schedules.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Doing the same here until this is resolved.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I stayed with 5.4c, however, I chose the 2012 schedule from MT Communicator.

It might not be necessary to roll back to 5.4b, but simply choose the Fall 2012 schedule.

I've completed 3 more successful flights including one across the ocean.

Jim - you're right on about the ntdll and stackhash errors. It's exactly what I was experiencing and couldn't solve for weeks upon weeks until I stumbled on this thread the other day.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I am working with a new installation of FSX and have loaded MyTraffic X 5.4C (straight from the factory, no upgrade path).

At certain Traffic levels, around 30, I am getting the situation where upon exiting a flight, FSX parks itself in the corner of the screen, unmoveable, and is only partially responsive.   Hitting Ctrl-Shift-Delete and selecting FSX for forced shutdown, will cause FSX to respond only enough to shut it down.

It's not a CTD technically speaking.  Is this behavior related to the contents of this thread, and do I need a patch?  Reading the linked thread to www.simflight.com I get the impression that these issues were never fixed?

Is this behavior related to the contents of this thread, and do I need a patch?

It could be. Sounds like a different problem though. The only way you will find out is to disable My Traffic X. Does FSX park itself in the corner of the screen and the only way you can shut it down is by hitting crtl-shift-delete? It could be something else. You are correct that the issues were never fixed but, if you do not select the 2013 schedules using the Communicator, you will probably be okay. I reinstalled My Traffic X to 5.4b, did not select any schedules, have tons of traffic, and no crashes. I heard it is the same for those with 5.4c installed but cannot be sure. The last time I looked at the developer's website, he cannot find the issue and therefore cannot fix it. He has issued a couple of patches that have worked for some but not for everyone (including me).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Well, Jim, I determined that it definitely was MyTraffic that was causing the problem. It did seem that FSX parking itself in the corner might have been a slightly different problem, because it never actually CTD'd, however, I just applied the patch figuring that it couldn't hurt.   So far, this odd behavior, which was happening on exit from every flight with even a modicum of ai traffic density, looks like it's been resolved.  I can now do test runs with ai traffic at every gate, and can no longer reproduce the bug, so I think the patch must have worked.  How frustrating, though, to run into things like these!

Having the same problem NTDLL.DLL when exiting fsx all works well when i disable MTX.

I'm trying to change my schedule to 2012 but its not letting me in traffic communicator?

Vernon Howells

Driver170, I'm pretty sure that you need a little program called TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe to be put in your main MyTraffic directory, which is provided with the FSX SDK.  The MyTraffic documentation explains that it was against the FSX Eula for them to provide this themselves, so in order to gain full MyTraffic functionality (like changing schedules), you need to have the FSX SDK installed and copy that little executable from where it is located in the SDK Traffic Toolbox directory.  You ought to be able to click on the "What does this mean?" button inside the Mytraffic configurator and it will explain all of this.