Sign in to follow this  
HugoStiglitz

FSX- Black squares over scenery (Screenshots)

Hello everybody, I decided to give FSX a try again because of the pmdg 777, DX10 fixer, REX and all the other high quality addons. Also got a Nvidia 680 so i can use the inspector now! So I did a clean install with acceleration. I then followed the guide found on Avsim. Added a couple tweaks, set up nvidia inspector, and did the DX10 fix. My FPS is amazing, BUT there is yet again another problem with FSX!

There are black squares everywhere over my scenery! I think this has to do with DX10, but ill post the screens below and let you have a look. Thanks!

I have the same problem but only in the free Iceland download scenery from FTX. I also am using DX10.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I found the problem for me, it was DX10. I disabled it and it works. Maybe you should try the same?

Search the forum for Orbx DX10 and you will find more about the issue.

I wont disable Dx10, its got so many improvements compared to DX9. Guess I'll just have to look for a fix. Maybe Steve's DX10 scenery fixer will fix it.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Orbx came out with a patch for FTXG on 9-5 . Version 1.10 , that fixed for me the issue of the black boxes .

Johnbow is correct. Those black squares are FTX Global, v1. You need the patch (and latest library) from Orbx.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Johnbow is correct. Those black squares are FTX Global, v1. You need the patch (and latest library) from Orbx.

Hi Paul, I have the same problem but only in the free Iceland download scenery from FTX. I also am using DX10.

I don't have FTX Global, (yet). Should I still run the FTX Global patch?

I note that since installing the free FTX Iceland the FTX Central shows FTX Global instead of Default.

Regards Ray

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I flew all over the Iceland demo last night and could not find a single black square anywhere? I'm using the DX10 Fixer Version 19 so it seems the fixer is doing it's job, some folks must not have something configured properly? I'm kinda noticing the DX10 Fixer gets the blame too quickly when it's mostly operator error.

Smoother, better frame rates per second, no oom's.

I don't have the DX10 Fixer installed yet, may get it later.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Actually i just did a test and i get better frames with DX9 than with DX10, however i know for most people it's the other way around. I think ill stick with dx9 so i can use my the enb mods and not have to purchase the DX10 fix :P