Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

I recommend that you wait until G-Sync monitors come out in early 2014. You might find the same or a similar monitor from ASUS with the G-Sync module pre-installed.

I wonder if there is much of a market for used 1920x1200 IPS panel displays.  My Dell is only about a year old and it's a fabulous screen, but 60hz and likely not supported w/ G-Sync module.  That's a pity I'm afraid.  It sounds like G-SYNC w/ P3D v2 setup correctly will be something significant to behold in the smoothness and other departments.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I wonder if there is much of a market for used 1920x1200 IPS panel displays.  My Dell is only about a year old and it's a fabulous screen, but 60hz and likely not supported w/ G-Sync module.  That's a pity I'm afraid.  It sounds like G-SYNC w/ P3D v2 setup correctly will be something significant to behold in the smoothness and other departments.

If I didn't want G-Sync then I would be interested in that. A 16:10 aspect ratio is so much better for PC usage in my opinion.

PMDG: No.

Are you sure? MD11 and NGX should, not surely 777.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Are you sure? MD11 and NGX should, not surely 777.

Yes, he is sure. You must have been away for a month or so because almost every P3D topic mentions this. ^_^ No matter what does work or doesn't work: you are not allowed to use PMDG planes in P3D. Simple as that. And please don't discuss this any further or you will be tarred and feathered. ^_^ Or banned.

Yes, he is sure. You must have been away for a month or so because almost every P3D topic mentions this. ^_^ No matter what does work or doesn't work: you are not allowed to use PMDG planes in P3D. Simple as that. And please don't discuss this any further or you will be tarred and feathered. ^_^ Or banned.

Ok Jeroem, I'm sorry.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Ok Jeroem, I'm sorry.

No need to say you're sorry, and I didn't mean to attack you or something. Hence the smileys. ^_^

This is great news. A sound approach from LM by:

(1) Concentrating on releasing key core improvements for the FS platform that third party developers would't be in the best position to do, and 

(2) Doing as much as they can to keep backwards compatibility for 3 party FSX add-ons. I.E. postponing 64 bit core and pushing tasks to the GPU. Improves performance, and improved quality of graphics.

(3) Postponing the 64 bit revamp just makes a lot of sense.

P3D seems to be positioning as a viable replacement for FSX.

I will continue monitoring this as well as X-Plane of course.

For now, I am doing well with my FSX + Adds-on setup.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K