Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

When the original post first came out, the beta dude said that LM would update their website on the 18th, 

Mario Di Lauro

When the original post first came out, the beta dude said that LM would update their website on the 18th, 

Read carefully... "The WEEK of Nov. 18th"

Well I guess well just have to wait and see. Because I remember all their other news updates occurred later in the day.

Im keeping my hopes up for today!!!

Read carefully... "The WEEK of Nov. 18th"

DAMN!!! I'm letting the excitement get the better of me!

Mario Di Lauro

Actually he wrote that site would be updated on Nov 19th, which is today.

Today I received an e-mail from LM releasing me from the NDA agreement when we at RAZBAM joined the Beta Test.

Today Beta 4 was released. It is the final beta before production release and we are now authorized to post pictures and talk about Prepar3D v 2.0 everywhere we want to.

The main news is that Prepar3D will be released in November. The Prepar3D website will be updated on Nov 18th.

Gotta go. I'm downloading the Beta 4 as I type this.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Actually the beta tester who started this post said the website would be updated today, November 18th. However, Wes Bard of LM said Version 2.0 would be released in November and said more info next week. He never mentioned the 18th. I think we may be disappointed as nothing I have found from Wes Bard indicated anything happenning today but this week. So here we are waiting as patiently as we can.

Lol! we ARE an anxious bunch aren't we??

I have mixed emotions however - I look forward to 2.0 as I am a convert after 1.4 but I don't look forward to eventually reinstalling my favorite a/c or FTX, etc.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't look forward to eventually reinstalling my favorite a/c or FTX, etc.

I'm going to do what I always do on a fresh install - promise myself that this time I'm going to keep it simple and just stick with a very small number of my favorite, top-notch add-ons.  Then, a year later, I'll find myself wondering how the install got so complicated and full of stuff that the idea of a re-install scares me to death.

Direct quote from Wes Bard in the BETA forum, in regards to new info, that I'm allowed to disclose: 

"the official Prepar3D.com website will be updated the week of November 18th with all relevant information."

Any other information is inaccurate. Hope this helps :)

"the official Prepar3D.com website will be updated the week of November 18th with all relevant information."

And the overzealous take that to mean TODAY, NOW. :)

I'll give you another downvote to spend mate   :lol: Careful with your spending though, there's a quota...

This is a perfect example on the failure of downvotes, people misusunderstand posts, I assume Aamir just tried to make a joke about the discussion and try to ease up the mood in the discussion. And he gets punished for doing so because people lack humor and misunderstood he's post. Did he really deserve those downvotes? If it was the old system he probably wouldn't have gotten too many likes either but he wouldn't get punished for something that was clearly just some attempt to make a joke.

Did people really think he was serious about all those wishes/requests? Get a grip folks :blush:

Just gave you 2 upvotes Amir to balance the  unfairness :P :angel:

Why thank you sir! :)

Boy it's going to be a long week.

Aamir Thacker

I will install v2.0 to a separate drive and just install Ftx Global, Vector and maybe Ftx AU with it . Because, all of them will have dedicated v2.0 installer. I'll keep my p3d 1.4 for a while until I know I dont need it anymore.

Why thank you sir! :)

NP :P. My RP's scale sure takes a beating the last 12 hours, been almost like the stock marked, ups and downs all day long. Almost fun too watch :P  and lots of it has been for almost no apparent reason, think I have a vendetta going on or I may have had a lot of people getting butthurt from god knows what :lol:  

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

I wonder if the very significant mouse-pointer impact on performance was addressed.  I would imagine it could have been, perhaps by allowing that calculations done per VC click-spot (per Ryan M @ PMDG) to be dedicated to a non-main thread and hence to a different core if that architecture is still what's being used.  When I lock sync at 60 and get up in the air in the NGX or T7 the impact of mouse-pointer visible is very substantial.  If you lock at 30 you may not appreciate just how much of an impact it is having.  I'll go from 50 down to 36 when the pointer is visible.  Be fabulous if they took care of this.  You don't typically see it w/ lesser birds but it looks like some are flying the NGX in 1.4 but 2.0 sounds like a very different animal in many ways.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X