Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

More P3D v2 Screenshots

I am still on a GTX 460! :unsure:

So I will certainly have to upgrade and I will be happy to do so after Christmas.

A GTX 770 or 780 should be fine. Otherwise, if AMD performs well in P3D 2.0 also a R9 290/x would be nice. I will keep an close eye on this. :wink:

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Number 9 looks convincing - it says no addons! Looks like a Megascenery. BUT ...10 - 12 fps ...

Well... I suggest that you max out all your sliders in FSX (including the water) and see what you get there and how it looks. Seattle is one of the worst performing areas in FSX. And keep in mind: He states that he has all the shadowing on.

Do we know what hardware (GPU) he uses?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I am still on a GTX 460! :unsure:

So I will certainly have to upgrade and I will be happy to do so after Christmas.

A GTX 770 or 780 should be fine. Otherwise, if AMD performs well in P3D 2.0 also a R9 290/x would be nice. I will keep an close eye on this. :wink:

LM have already said that an R9 or a 770/780 is highly recommended. I've a feeling alot will change in P3D from how we're used to having MSFS. :rolleyes:

Do we know what hardware (GPU) he uses?

He says:  As for my system, it is an old i7 920 running Win 7, 64bit, based. RAM is 12Gb, 1600Hz triple channel, the graphic card is an nVidia 660 with 2Gb Ram, and I have 4 traditional hard disks for a total of 2Tbytes. So I would consider it an "average" system (al least for gaming)...

Steve

Every time i see a new post on this topic i click to see new screenshots...but there are no new screenshots....

Every time i see a new post on this topic i click to see new screenshots...but there are no new screenshots....

Me too.  :( I hope that after the release we'll see more content and some real performance figures.

Ughhh Me too!!!   I've been refreshing these forums since Sunday.   From now on NOBODY post  unless its screenshot related (Links...etc)

Cant wait until Monday!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

2013-11-16_12-56-34-277-945x494.jpg

2013-11-16_12-55-43-13-945x497.jpg

Have you guys seen these or are they new?

Have you guys seen these or are they new?

I don't know if they are new, but I'm definitely seeing them for the first time. Thanks!

I wish they used some tessellation for the aircraft though. That FSX model of the Mooney Bravo already looks better with the cockpit shadows, and would look much better with more polygons and sharper textures.

and some real performance figures

I stopped waiting and asking for performance figures because I think it's rather useless. It ALL depends on your specific hardware and setup. Besides, LM has a 60 days refund option so EVERYONE will be able to find out how P3D 2.0 will perform on THEIR PC. Nothing beats experiencing it all yourself and certainly not posts on a flightsim forum.  ^_^

Here is a link that has some P3DV2 pics. This developer is creating a native P3DV2 aircraft that will not be backwards compatible to FSX.  First that I have heard of that.  By the way, some of the pics in the link are P3DV2 and some are FSX.

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos_stream

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I searched for new screenshots, but it looks like the one`s already mentioned are the only ones.

And what makes me skeptical: All screenshots that can be found are showing only 3rd party add-on`s. An d in most cases only /mainly aircraft related, not scenery (except showing ORBX).

I searched for new screenshots, but it looks like the one`s already mentioned are the only ones.

And what makes me skeptical: All screenshots that can be found are showing only 3rd party add-on`s. An d in most cases only /mainly aircraft related, not scenery (except showing ORBX).

That's because the default P3D scenery is the same as FSX default scenery.

Is it my screen, or is this a new trend, dark and gloomy and totally unable to see anything, just like ORBX?!

:wacko:

Maybe it's because FSX has/had a very overly bright color palette? One of the many reasons I preferred FS9 to FSX.