Sign in to follow this  
nzeddy

Prepar3D V2 Beta Videos

...still looking for an answer to Alain's question. Since P3D does not use full-screen, does it still satisfactorily implement vsync (and the Nvidia 1/2 refresh rate version). Is screen tearing an issue at all in the beta?

I can't provide any info on the Nvidia part, but this was posted on the LM P3D forum last month:

Prepar3d 2.0 offers several options which allow you to control vsync as well as adding support for triple buffering to further increase smoothness. We do allow for 1/2 refresh rate vsync, as well as 1/3 and 1/4. Additionally, with vsync enabled, some graphics card drivers will dynamically adjust the vsync level to match the frame rates you are able to achieve.

Zach Heylmun

PREPAR3D Software Engineer

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I'm referring to the platform. Makes no difference what you fly, P3D will perform better. The fact that you favorite a/c does or does not fly is irrelevant in this context. Now, whether you enjoy it more or less, is a different matter.  :)

Vic

Gotcha.  Thought you meant better for everything on the previous post.

Prepar3d 2.0 offers several options which allow you to control vsync as well as adding support for triple buffering to further increase smoothness. We do allow for 1/2 refresh rate vsync, as well as 1/3 and 1/4. Additionally, with vsync enabled, some graphics card drivers will dynamically adjust the vsync level to match the frame rates you are able to achieve.

Thanks Arwen. That's good news !

Nice!!!

And the icing on the cacke, you can use a slider to set time of day in real time. If they add sliders like that for weather as well, like in aeroflyFS, we would be talking serious usability improvements.  

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi all,

Nobody speak about of the fps in p3dv2 compare FSX. On certain french forum, most of people wait this answer.

thanks

FRED

Frédéric Giraud

Hi all,

Nobody speak about of the fps in p3dv2 compare FSX. On certain french forum, most of people wait this answer.

thanks

FRED

That is because optimization isn't complete yet, and it will depend on your computer setup.

Here's what Heiko Glatthorn of ORBX had to say on the subject: With fairly high settings and locked at 60, i am getting smooth 35 to 45 FPS (unlocked it goes above 60 but doesn't run as smooth anymore). LM mentioned that they work on further optimizations until release. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68041-p3d-v2-a-couple-more-beta-screen-shots/

But I'm quite sure, with all shadows, water effects and weather (clouds) maxxed out, AI traffic at 100% and heavy airport and aircraft addons, it will stutter ahead just like FSX, so be prepared to turn down some sliders.

We know that there is significant fps to gain from further optimizing the autogen and AI models, but I've heard nothing about this being done by LM yet.

Nice to see the sun out in those ORBX screens :)

Looking great.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

so be prepared to turn down some sliders.

I am planning on setting everything as close as possible to my current FTX settings. After that I will slowly, over time, one by one, enable more options, beginning with shadows. When I reached the point where performance gets noticeable worse, I will have to decide if I need to invest in new hardware or not. But for starters I would already be happy with 'current FSX settings' and the new autogen that won't pop up. If I can add some shadows to it all, on my current rig, I'd be very satisfied.

I think it's always better to get yourself into a situation where you only have to think about turning sliders UP and not DOWN. If you start with everything UP, every move down will feel as a failure, a disappointment. If you start with everything 'DOWN' (which would be FSX as it is now in my book) every change of the sliders will be up and hence satisfying and pleasing. Until you reach your limit, of course.

I am planning on setting everything as close as possible to my current FTX settings. After that I will slowly, over time, one by one, enable more options, beginning with shadows. When I reached the point where performance gets noticeable worse, I will have to decide if I need to invest in new hardware or not. But for starters I would already be happy with 'current FSX settings' and the new autogen that won't pop up. If I can add some shadows to it all, on my current rig, I'd be very satisfied.

I think it's always better to get yourself into a situation where you only have to think about turning sliders UP and not DOWN. If you start with everything UP, every move down will feel as a failure, a disappointment. If you start with everything 'DOWN' (which would be FSX as it is now in my book) every change of the sliders will be up and hence satisfying and pleasing. Until you reach your limit, of course.

I completely agree Jeroen, my thoughts exactly.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Can't wait until the first miracle tweaks appear :D

Personally I don't care if the sliders are left, right or in the middle, as long as it looks good to me. I like a platform that one can grow with and doesn't have to be replaced in six months. Just look at FSX - still not running at it's full pontential, and I can even bring FS2004 to it's knees - OK, not really, but when you see fps drop to 30 in FS2004 panic sets in ;).  

I'm just looking forward to Norway freeware with new 10m mesh, completely overhauled and new vectors (in beta soon), custom ship traffic with Norwegian ships and improved and upgraded airport packages! It will be a marriage made in heaven with Prepar3D 2.0, unless it is too expensive for me.

WOW!! The waves that change depending on weather sure looks cool :Drooling: . Thanks a lot for that video B)

I feel like a kid waiting for x-mas eve, can't wait to open my present :P

Prepar3D V2 Beta: Dynamic 3D Waves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_Vo-JukmQ

Can't edit my original post so had to make a new post.

Does the REX reef textures still work with the Dynamic 3D waves ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar