Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

5 flights later, some issues...

Am I screwing this up?

Can you post a screenshot of your FMA when it's failing to capture?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes.  That and the lat/long input on the fix page.  Probably Saturday or Sunday EST.

Hi All,  I purchased the 777 on 17.11.13 read the necessary and did a flight from Glasgow to Stockholm without a hitch. After landing and viewing the MCP and PFD I noticed the Loc symbol was still displayed in the PFD but the Loc button was out and the Approach button was still lit and would not extinguish.  Minor issues but has anyone noticed likewise.  Richard Welsh.

Disable the flight directors, and the lights will extinguish. Not sure if it's by design, but it seems only logical to me, that it would work like that.

When you disengage the autopilot, either in the air or on the ground, you're not telling it to change modes, simply to put control back in your hands. That's why the FMA won't change.

OK, got home late after driving for 4 hours, smooched the wife and kid, and headed to the man cave and the T7.

Man, I love the takeoff and soundset on this bird!

Just before TOC, started putting in the fixes for ETOPS.

Lat/Long no workee...  See pics in attachment.

Kev

Last time I checked, it is normal that you can not put lat,lon in the fix page.

You can put them in the legs page though.

And then you can see what time you are at those coordinates and you can put this time into the fix page (like 1215z) as a workaround.

Or you can put the coordinates on route two and leave them there so you can check back every now and then.

Rob Robson

You can put lat/lon into the fix page. I do that everytime for ETOPS.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Well, guys, as you can plainly see, mine is broken..

Sorry, NOT broken.  I did a lot of trialing today and with the help of some others, found that I have to be configured (flaps at least 25, speed, radio, g/s) at 1500 AGL and it'll nail the Cat III every time if the airport can support it.