Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

what time does p3d V2 download become available?

I have downloaded Orbx Global 1,1 and will download the latest version of FSUIP for P3D. I for one will be checking P3D's website at 12:01 a.m. and be ready to start the download.

That's not true, sorry. The list on the LM site clearly shows that for training you need the Pro license. Only Undergraduate students can get the Academic license for training. Sorry to be such a PITA on this (some people must hate me by now for this) but the truth has to be told. ^_^ The Academic license is only for undergraduate or k-12 students. It's amazing (and worrying) why a lot of people don't get this. :rolleyes: Obviously it's for everyone to decide which license to get: don't let me stop you from doing what you want to do. I am just posting facts, not telling you what to do.

I'm undergrad for another few months so I'm good haha.

I hope its at 12:01 as I can start the download go to bed wake up in the morn and have P3D are Orbx airports ready for V2 yet? and what about REX? or will the 1.4v installers work for those?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

are Orbx airports ready for V2 yet? and what about REX? or will the 1.4v installers work for those?

No, only FTX Global is P3D 2.0 ready yet (that is, if you downloaded the new 1.10 installer that has been released this weekend!). There will be new installers for all Orbx addons but that may take a year or so before they updated everything. However, in the meantime, if you still have FSX installed, you could use the Orbx migrator tool to link your FSX products to P3D BUT that migrator tool also isn't 2.0 ready yet... It will be available sooner than most updated addons though, I think. You could maybe install things somehow manually but I certainly won't try that: don't want to mess up my new P3D install right away!

Since almost every beta tester seemed to have used REX during testing I suppose the P3D version it has right now will work with 2.0 too but when I asked about this on the REX forum the dev didn't really acknowledge that but said he would have news about it, plus some surprises, soon...

I'm undergrad for another few months so I'm good haha.

Yeah, sometimes getting old sucks LOL :P

No, only FTX Global is P3D 2.0 ready yet (that is, if you downloaded the new 1.10 installer that has been released this weekend!). There will be new installers for all Orbx addons but that may take a year or so before they updated everything. However, in the meantime, if you still have FSX installed, you could use the Orbx migrator tool to link your FSX products to P3D BUT that migrator tool also isn't 2.0 ready yet... It will be available sooner than most updated addons though, I think. You could maybe install things somehow manually but I certainly won't try that: don't want to mess up my new P3D install right away!

Since almost every beta tester seemed to have used REX during testing I suppose the P3D version it has right now will work with 2.0 too but when I asked about this on the REX forum the dev didn't really acknowledge that but said he would have news about it, plus some surprises, soon...

Yeah, sometimes getting old sucks LOL :P

Thanks for the info the default clouds don't look too bad so I'll wait as I belive rex charges for a P3D install and I don't wanna pay for somthing if I cant use it. If I installed the orbx addons using the P3d option of the installer would it not put the items in the correct folder anyway? or just install them into a random folder than copy everything in?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

For textures only, just point the texture installer to the P3DV2 folder? I dont understand, is there any difference running the textures in DX11 compared to DX9?

That's not true, sorry. The list on the LM site clearly shows that for training you need the Pro license. Only Undergraduate students can get the Academic license for training. Sorry to be such a PITA on this (some people must hate me by now for this) but the truth has to be told. ^_^ The Academic license is only for undergraduate or k-12 students. It's amazing (and worrying) why a lot of people don't get this. :rolleyes: Obviously it's for everyone to decide which license to get: don't let me stop you from doing what you want to do. I am just posting facts, not telling you what to do.

I'll buy it for my kid... He's in 5th grade.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'll buy it for my kid... He's in 5th grade.

Good idea! I got this for you son so daddy can play with it.... 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Unless someone from LM chimes in (probably not likely on Sunday), it's anyone's guess what time the slow downloads will begin.

I would definitely be a part of it, but we start our family vacation Tuesday morning.  So, I'll have to wait a week and (hopefully) drool over all the great posts in the meantime.

Good idea! I got this for you son so daddy can play with it.... 

Hey whatever works...  :P

Actually my son is into aviation and FS so it's not misleading.  If the qualification is K-12 and he will actually use it with me then I don't see a problem.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

According to this page: http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

The Professional License is for TRAINING, INSTRUCTION, LEARNING, and SIMULATION.

The Academic License is for Undergraduate Student Training, Instruction Simulation, and Learning.

Is this clear to everyone here?

Sorry, but it is NOT clear to me at all, because I also read this post from Wes Bard: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3754

Who can use Prepar3D®?

Prepar3D is licensed for Simulation, Training and Learning:

Professionals – This license is intended for professional skills training. This group could include private pilots, commercial flight schools, military personnel, civil organizations such as firefighters/emergency response or students pursuing a technical degree or an advanced degree such as a masters or PhD.

Students – An academic license at a reduced price is available for educational purposes at the undergraduate college level and below (students in elementary, middle, high school or pursuing a bachelor’s degree). This is an extension of our philanthropic support for STEM education to engage the next generation of technologists and engineers.

Developers – For the individuals or companies who are interested in developing aircraft models, scenery, terrains and weather effects for Prepar3D, we offer a Prepar3D developer license.

So, if I take this literally, at face value, I don't seem to qualify for either licence.

I really don't mean to derail this thread from the "what time" focus, but we are not going to know what time it will be available until LM tells us. And clarification on which licence is the appropriate one to buy is sort of related.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

There is no way you will be able to start downloading P3D v2 at 0000 tomorrow. Most likely it will be late morning I would guess.

Just get the one that suits your wallet the best, if lm "doesn't care

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I'm no longer a student, so I do not qualify for their Academic License ... even though I cannot really afford the Professional License.  I'm disabled, and I know students who have a lot more money than I do (but I feel like I should still follow the rules).

I am exactly where you are Arwen only older. But I will front up with the $199.00 even though it is a big hit.

Arwen. Your more than welcome to enroll in my University. Its called the "School of Hard Knocks." There is no enrollment fee as you have already paid your dues and student ID will even be provided . Its simply your good name. :)

Lord knows you deserve a price break more than spoiled kids with their Daddy's credit card,