Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

P3D 2.0 Now Released

just bought Academic version, will install it when i come home from work

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Is this the correct forum?

I think its more of a generalized post even though it is not FS9 related... More to say to the many of us who don't use or gave up on FSX and returned to old faithful that when the time comes to upgrade or change sims that P3Dv2 will be the way to go bypassing and skipping FSX altogether.

I for one will probably head that way when the wife gives me approval for an upgrade lol, especially after the PMDG announcement...

But for now until everything is completely up an running in P3D (addon airports, AES etc) Im sticking to FS9 :)

FS9 still has some miles left before I retire it! And even then I will not throw it out but keep it around for nostalgic reasons. Heck, I have used it daily for a decade ...

Sascha

FS9 is still going strong for me. But I've been feeling the itch for an upgrade lately. Next year may be the year for a new system if I can manage the finances properly. I will most likely be bypassing FSX if the addons become more widely available for P3D.

Yes no doubt there will be a flood of good payware for v2.

A little surprising that it is still 32 bit, if one is to leave FS9, then surely it must be to a future-proof platform?

Like many I will wait to hear that making the jump will not repeat the FSX experience in any way...

I'll give it a year before I even think about it.

My FS9 and FSX runs just fine for now so no rush here.

I was supposed to get a new computer this past September but didn't (had to pay for something un-expectedly). So when I finally do get a new computer I just might get P3D 2.0.

I have a GeForce GTX 275 graphic card now and I don't think that card will be good enough for P3D 2.0.

I have a GeForce GTX 275 graphic card now and I don't think that card will be good enough for P3D 2.0.

Thats right. The GTX275 is not DX11 capable.

Maybe wait for V3.0?

You'll be waiting for a while, P3D is being developed by people who actually care about the FS community.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

You'll be waiting for a while, P3D is being developed by people who actually care about the FS community.

LM could care less about the FS community. They are in the business to provide a simulator platform to their clients and to make as much $$ as possible for their stockholders. They could pull their support at a moments notice and you'll be holding an empty bag with nothing to fill it with.

LM could care less about the FS community. They are in the business to provide a simulator platform to their clients and to make as much $$ as possible for their stockholders. They could pull their support at a moments notice and you'll be holding an empty bag with nothing to fill it with.

You must remember that LM is actively listening and working with the FS community to enhance the sim further. We are their best resource of what is and is not working. We get a sim which can be used for simulation of flight while they get a phenomenal product which they can sell to training programs.

Win-Win in my book.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."