Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

for the lucky ones already flying V2 : graphic card ?

with flights in the Airbus X Extended

What's the performance hit like with AEX? Is it quite large?

Aamir Thacker

he reality is, P3D is looking stunning on my system, with my humble card; I have plenty of new visual goodies, and I have come nowhere near an OOM, and that's with flights in the Airbus X Extended, QW Avros, ERJ145, with high autogen settings and cockpit shadows.

Hi Dave...what payware airports are you using if any in combination with your Airbus, Avro, ERJ?

@99%,  the 780 Ti running hot (noise)?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

domkle, on 27 Nov 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

@99%,  the 780 Ti running hot (noise)?

I have the evga 780 acx sc edition cards, I have it overclocked to 1163 on the chip. At 99% (with terrain cast shadows on) I am seeing 60c with a fan speed of 54%. Its not loud at all. Room temp is 22c.

thanks

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

GTX760 2GB is handling P3D very well, with maxed out settings.  Behind I'm running an i7-4770K without overclocking it.  But that's with the IRIS F-22.

While I'm not overclocked, my Quickboost is set for 4.3GHZ and the system runs between 2.5GHz and 4.3GHz when flying over Norfolk with AI Shipping.  Just default scenery right now.

3 Monitors.

I should have put all the above in my original post, which is to say that I should have had my coffee before logging in!  Sorry about that.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

GTX760 2GB is handling P3D very well, with maxed out settings.  Behind I'm running an i7-4770K without overclocking it.

What aircraft and what addons are you using if any?

Dont suppose you running more than one monitor?

...it's all so confusing!

Well, you think you're confused? I've been around this hobby for 15 years and for some reason have just now in the past 2 weeks seen the term "VRAM" and cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck this is. I take it that VRAM is different from the Memory that is physically on the card? IOW, my Geforce 6600 is a 2 GB card. How do I determine how much VRAM is onboard, or is that not how that works?

Humbled,

with maxed out settings

So with all shadows enabled and all water reflections on (and both at the highest quality settings) you still get good fps and smooth performance?

Eric Tomlin, on 27 Nov 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:Eric Tomlin, on 27 Nov 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Well, you think you're confused? I've been around this hobby for 15 years and for some reason have just now in the past 2 weeks seen the term "VRAM" and cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck this is. I take it that VRAM is different from the Memory that is physically on the card? IOW, my Geforce 6600 is a 2 GB card. How do I determine how much VRAM is onboard, or is that not how that works?

Humbled,

vram is video ram, or the amount on memory on your gfx card. 660 2gb card= 2gb vram.

So, maybe I could butt in here and ask this question......

If I am only using a single 19" monitor @ 1280x1024x32bit resolution, what graphics card do I really need? You guys are all wandering around in 780Ti and Titan dreamland, but I get the feeling that my system would not require as much power as some of the monster triple screen jobs that some of you use. Graphics cards seem to be hideously expensive these days, and there is no way that I am forking out £300+ for one.

i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz

8GB DDR3-1600 RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

But that's with the IRIS F-22.

While I'm not overclocked, my Quickboost is set for 4.3GHZ and the system runs between 2.5GHz and 4.3GHz when flying over Norfolk with AI Shipping. Just default scenery right now.

3 Monitors.

Thank you Dave...aaaah very good, a triple monitor setup.

So will you be trying some additional addons like REX, FTX Global, payware airports like Flytampa and also some FPS hungry aircraft? Would be great to get your feedback then.

Edited by rene_1st

Christopher Low, on 27 Nov 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

So, maybe I could butt in here and ask this question......

If I am only using a single 19" monitor @ 1280x1024x32bit resolution, what graphics card do I really need? You guys are all wandering around in 780Ti and Titan dreamland, but I get the feeling that my system would not require as much power as some of the monster triple screen jobs that some of you use. Graphics cards seem to be hideously expensive these days, and there is no way that I am forking out £300+ for one.

i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz

8GB DDR3-1600 RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

You don't need much if you are running at that res and don't plan to crank up the settings, a gtx650 will do the job fine.

Thank you Dave...aaaah very good, a triple monitor setup.

So will you be trying some additional addons like REX, payware airports and also some FPS hungry aircraft? Would be great to get your feedback then.

Absolutely.  All the addons are ready to go, but right now my enemy is time. Work, a running Beta, systems review for an upcoming project, getting P3D V2 to work with the Leonardo Maddog and other aircraft.

But I'll probably get to running ActiveSky 2012, REX Essentials Plus OD and everything else.  Sadly there is no way to run GSX and FSINN at the same time.  Saw that coming, but still a REAL bummer.  Hopefully we'll see a patch from the FSINN developer.

I will say this... the P3D default clouds are flaming excellent.  I'm going to try ActiveSky 2012 without addon textures to see if I even need to run REX Ess.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

vram is video ram, or the amount on memory on your gfx card. 660 2gb card= 2gb vram.

Thanks ntme9, that's what I was suspecting.