Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

for the lucky ones already flying V2 : graphic card ?

It seems agreed that one gets better fluidity and frame rate with the more powerful GPU but what about VRAM, I wonder whether there's an actual difference between a 3 Gb (780) and 6Gb card (Titan) ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would love to see people's video card memory usage using GPU-Z. I had heard someone was getting 3GB of usage. I am wondering on a 6GB Titan how much P3D 2.0 is using?

I am using a GTX770 with 2GB mem and a 4770k@4.7ghz. I am seeing 1700MB video Ram usage currently with FTX Global loaded and default F-22. frame rates are well above 60 and smooth! P3D is the real deal, most complainers probably don't have high end computers. This same rig could never dream of this type of performance in FSX fully tweaked! 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I have a 4770k @ 4.4 ghz and a 780. I find the best performance is limiting frame rate to 40. Even when I remove the limiter I am seeing nowhere near 60 fps. I have ftx global.

I am wondering on a 6GB Titan how much P3D 2.0 is using?

me too, specially with a 2560x1600 or 1440 res.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

O.K. folks. I have only a GTX 425M.

So I had always most of the settings between 50 and 75%.

P3Dv2 runs at least as smooth as FSX, but P3D looks x times better right out of the box.

IMO the internal GPU setup tools and performance, or let's say "economics" of P3Dv2 are real "game changers".

Next year I will start a new system in order to run an optimized Oculus Rift setup.

Ok so with my GTX770 2GB and the i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz P3D2 will fly!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ok so with my GTX770 2GB and the i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz P3D2 will fly!

I am pretty sure :rolleyes:

The first thing I thought on the 1st run of P3Dv2:

Wow! That's what they were always writing about. IMO really convincing in many ways.

Frame rates will depend on your computer hardware and where you put your sliders. I have been testing different slider combinations to get the best performance/visual quality I can get without dropping frames too low. One thing I will say is 30 frames in FSX is not the same as 30 frames in P3D. I will take 30 frames in P3D all day over FSX 30 frames, it is so much smoother! the big test will be when people start adding complex aircraft into the sim. I am going to load the aerosoft airbus extreme and see how it does next. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

4770K @4.6 + 780 is netting me about 30-75 fps with the game maxed out (except AI traffic which stays at a modest 15%).

30FPS on the ground in the VC

75FPS at FL600.

Bad weather doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the frames, surprisingly.

Aamir Thacker

Definitely a greater dependence on video card performance. Radeon 6-series users may not be happy; performance is nowhere near FSX fully loaded. Though it is advertised as DX11 compliant, I think its support may be half-baked. Hardware tesselation is a back-breaker (i.e. 5-6 fps kind of back breaking) - it might even be emulated. Water is also weighing performance, but I think that may have more to do with the water shader implementation (which has known issues) than the video card. MSAA seems to be more punishing in P3D.

I suspect with the new engine, much of the processing work that your beefy processor was handling previously has been offloaded to the GPU - and if it isn't an nVidia 7xx series or an ATI 9 series adapter with at least 2GB VRAM, you'll pay for it in frames.

On the whole, if I turn off the "new stuff" (RT shadows, tesselation, etc.) and run with comparable FSX settings, I'm seeing about a 40-50% reduction in FPS over "stock" FSX. My 6950 just isn't up to the new GPU-laden tasks it's been given (the 1GB VRAM isn't helping matters). Fortunately, Black Monday is just around the corner and prices are falling on all these cards.

One thing I will say is 30 frames in FSX is not the same as 30 frames in P3D.

FPS is definitely more consistent and apart from a couple "heavy weight" options (like RT tesselation and shadows), I'm finding you can load up on certain options (like autogen, for example) without paying a hit like you would in FSX. I'm also finding that frame limiting to 20 or 30 seems to result in less variability overall, unlike FSX.

What do the varying levels of 'Tesellation' actually do in the sim? I havent really been able to tell.

Also, what is everybody setting this to in general?

for the lucky ones already flying V2 : graphic card ?

I'm not convinced we're the lucky ones!  :lol:

Ok, so big bugs apart, performance does seem pretty good in P3D 2,0 especially where Autogen, weather and traffic is concerned,

My video card is modest:  ATI HD 7850 2GB

I'm pretty pleased with P3D performance with that card overall;  although I do see a hit of about 3-4 FPS with VC shadows on, versus no shadows (like FSX).   If I put all the shadows on, it's a slide show but I'm only really interested in the VC shadows anyway.