Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Configuration Observations and Tips

Some people are reporting that the old uiautomationcore.dll fix from FSX works works in P3D as well to fix menu crashes. Also, the newly released version of FSUIPC may help.

I also found turning Target frame rate to unlimited helped me. I had it set to 30 and had 20-25 fps. Turned it to unlimited and it now sticks at 40-60.

Just my experience.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I also found turning Target frame rate to unlimited helped me. I had it set to 30 and had 20-25 fps. Turned it to unlimited and it now sticks at 40-60.

Just my experience.

I agree, it actually runs much better set to unlimited. And fly it in full screen, press ALT to hide the menu, gets better as well.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Some people are reporting that the old uiautomationcore.dll fix from FSX works works in P3D as well to fix menu crashes. Also, the newly released version of FSUIPC may help.

Hi Mark,  that's odd - I just looiked in my P3D2 root folder and I don't seem to have a UIAutomationcore file in there, to replace. 

Hi Mark, that's odd - I just looiked in my P3D2 root folder and I don't seem to have a UIAutomationcore file in there, to replace.

It's a Windows file. However, if you place a copy in a program folder, that program will use that version of the file instead of the version in the Windows folder.

The older version of that file from Windows Vista seems to cause fewer problems for FSX, and maybe fire P3D too.

Dave its not in there you need to add it but. Alot of people are saying alot of things, tru or not. I would wait until LM comments on anything before I do it. IMO

Hi. I keep on getting black screen at start-up in P3D v2. I understand that this can be avoided by switching to a windowed application. However, I do not see any option to select it in my Start-up window. So, it is catch 22. Is there any way I can go back to windowed or get rid of black screen?

Many thanks!

Have you tried using the keyboard? Alt-Enter to switch between full screen and windowed modes.

Also, it's a "Really Good Idea" to start your own thread when asking a specific question. That will make it easier for anyone else with the same question to find an answer. :Star:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's a Windows file. However, if you place a copy in a program folder, that program will use that version of the file instead of the version in the Windows folder.

The older version of that file from Windows Vista seems to cause fewer problems for FSX, and maybe fire P3D too.

It works for me! Since copying the UIAutomationcore.dll from fsx into p3dv2,no more crashes using the menus. 

Mike 

Have you tried using the keyboard? Alt-Enter to switch between full screen and windowed modes.

Also, it's a "Really Good Idea" to start your own thread when asking a specific question. That will make it easier for anyone else with the same question to find an answer. :Star:

Alt-Enter, Alt, right click, any key pressing crashes the computer. *******, who tested this product?

Sorry, I started it here to find a tip how to switch back to the windowed mode.

Alt-Enter, Alt, right click, any key pressing crashes the computer. *******, who tested this product?

Sorry, I started it here to find a tip how to switch back to the windowed mode.

Well, the 'tip' was in a different thread, but here it is so you won't have to go looking:

Open your Prepar3D.cfg file and change this entry from True to False:

FullScreen=False

Save the file, then launch Prepar3D v2 again. Before you close the sim, make certain you are in Windowed mode.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, the 'tip' was in a different thread, but here it is so you won't have to go looking:

Open your Prepar3D.cfg file and change this entry from True to False:

FullScreen=False

Save the file, then launch Prepar3D v2 again. Before you close the sim, make certain you are in Windowed mode.

n4gix,

Sorry again for having put the message in the wrong thread. Thanks a lot for your help. That seems to do the trick!

Best!

Small bug, easy fix.

Night flying will have the stars all over the place: from ground level to the sky (where it should be)

Not easy to discover, depends on your cloud cover, weather and your brightness/contrast settings on your monitor (s).

But if you are careful, you will see the "stars" small specks of lights at ground level.

I initially thought it was my video card that was at fault. (brand new GTX780). Changed video drivers, no joy.

Solution:

backup the "Stars.dat" in the P3dv2 folder to something like "stars.ori" or whatever. And yes that deletes ALL the stars.

Pierre

Pierre

Better to use FSXMark07, as it's more widely used, and it uses High Global settings uniformly. FSXMark11 actually turns down some scenery settings compared to FSXMark07, to achieve an artificially high frame rates. Also, FSXMark11 is an adaptation (copy) of FSXMark07, with no credit to FSXMark07 author Gary Dunne. We should discourage use of "copied without credit" software.

In either case, it will be necessary to adopt a set of standardized settings for P3D2, similar to FSXMark07's Global High standardized settings for FSX.

How about Gary Dunne making a P3DMark14 with high but not Ultra settings? Please.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2