Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Is anyone going back to FSX now after 2 days with P3Dv2?

FSX is now in the HISTORY BOOKS of flightsim( at least in my books)

I am very impressed by P3D and the LM developers.

My testing so far has been on my old PC with an Win8.1 - i7920 3GHz - GTX570 system.

It is butter smooth and solid, no issuses at all

Later today I will fire it up on my Win8.1 - i72600K - 4.5GHz GTX780 system and it is going to be just better.

Just wanted to make sure that FSX is now history in the flightsim evolution.

Is anyone going back to FSX now after 2 days with P3Dv2?

Please explain.

in another thread  "what is happening to simmers"  the above post just about sums it up. some folks are so far

up  themselves they do not realise their comments can cause offence! to the MAJORITY of flight simmers whom

still fly fsx, fs9 etc and will continue to do so despite  the troll type remarks as above. is this the future we can expect

on the avsim forums? oh and i do hope p3d continues to evolve and become a great platform.

regards, graeme crawford

in another thread  "what is happening to simmers"  the above post just about sums it up. some folks are so far

up  themselves they do not realise their comments can cause offence! to the MAJORITY of flight simmers whom

still fly fsx, fs9 etc and will continue to do so despite  the troll type remarks as above. is this the future we can expect

on the avsim forums? oh and i do hope p3d continues to evolve and become a great platform.

I don't think that post is remotely offensive or troll-like to be honest.   It's just an excited simmer showing how he perceives his hobby;  that FSX is now history for him.    Ok, perhaps he could have added "for me" to some of his far reaching comments, but don't you think you're perhaps over-reacting a bit to the post? 

I don't think that post is remotely offensive or troll-like to be honest.   It's just an excited simmer showing how he perceives his hobby;  that FSX is now history for him.    Ok, perhaps he could have added "for me" to some of his far reaching comments, but don't you think you're perhaps over-reacting a bit to the post? 

Agree with you exactly..  When I bought 1.3 and finally deleted FSX.. It was the most joyous day to finally rid of that thing..  I don't feel indifferent to anyone who uses FSX still. If it works for them and makes their day, more power to them. :) Prepar3D makes my day suck less than FSX ever did and that's all  matters. :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

But is it really worth £200?  Would my dual core Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400@3GHz and 8GB RAM cope with it?  In the specifications it recommends Quad core?

Dave Taylor gb.png

But is it really worth £200? 

Not to be picky but $199 comes out at about £122  :smlie:

I honestly think it's worth that any day of the week.   But I'm a (genuine) under-grad student so qualified for the academic version, which if you qualify is an absolute steal.

in another thread "what is happening to simmers" the above post just about sums it up. some folks are so far

up themselves they do not realise their comments can cause offence! to the MAJORITY of flight simmers whom

still fly fsx, fs9 etc and will continue to do so despite the troll type remarks as above. is this the future we can expect

Some people need to get a thicker skin.  "What's happening to Flight Simmers" is that there are too many people taking personal insult because some are finally moving on from the venerable FSX

I agree 'King.   And to celebrate the fact, I changed my profile pic just for you; I hope you like it! :lol:

Not to be picky but $199 comes out at about £122  :smlie:

I honestly think it's worth that any day of the week.   But I'm a (genuine) under-grad student so qualified for the academic version, which if you qualify is an absolute steal.

Thanks Dave. Your opinion's valued ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

The best thing about P3D.. The Support

Just in v2 alone (and I'm sure there are plenty more than this)

Click spots - Acknowledged

Auto-Gen missing textures - Acknowledged

Terrain shadows reversed - Acknowledged

Black screen - Acknowledged

And not just acknowledged by some shmoe home on summer vacation taking up a customer support job until they go back to school. Acknowledged by the guys sitting in front of the source code every day for a living.. THAT alone is why I will never go back.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

But is it really worth £200?  Would my dual core Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400@3GHz and 8GB RAM cope with it?  In the specifications it recommends Quad core?

Lol -  I though I was one of the few remaining still on a dual core!!!

I'd be on P3D v2 like a shot even with my current E8500 if it wasnt for still having bloody Vista.....bet you can't beat that!!

Regards

Steve

tion

sir,  too old to be a reactionary whowever the general tone that came across on the op seemed ott. i do respect the posters enthusiasm, as p3dv2 is only a couple of days old he is entirely right to express his delight on 1st impressions with the new platform, however it just seems imo , like being insulted with all due respect that because i still use and love fsxi am now history, although not directed at myself personally, it just seems like a petty slur towards the rest of the

flight sim community, and tbo fsx is history type comments, apart from being a little premature seem designed to

cause a bit of reaction, don't you think?

regards, graeme crawford

it just seems like a petty slur towards the rest of the

flight sim community, and tbo fsx is history type comments, apart from being a little premature seem designed to

I didn't really feel it was to stir a reaction to be honest Graeme, but I wholly respect your point of view and perhaps you're right, maybe it was.

because if your just using 1 screen and just fly a light GA then yes your going to be happy.

Dave, check out my Airbus X Extended screenshots (with very heavy weather) in the Screenshots Forum (and look at the FPS counter)! .......... I'm sorry that it doesn't (or wasn't) seeming to run well for you, and I hope you can get it running properly ..... but hand on heart, it isn't just performing well with light GA aircraft.    The Airbus Extended is giving me 68 FPS sitting at UK2000 EGNT with max autogen and VC shadows.. (albeit with little traffic and the weather is calm)!  

In the same aircraft at the same airport, with max autogen in FSX, I would be getting late teens, maybe 18 FPS.

:smile:

... tbo fsx is history type comments, apart from being a little premature seem designed to

Well, to be honest it did get at least one reaction, that being from you of course.

By the way, I'm older than you are, albeit only by a couple of years. :He He:

Be happy that between the other moderators and myself, we keep the real 'trolls' and 'provocative' stuff out of the forums.   :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I tried P3D 1.4 for two days and uninstalled it because didn't see any major difference and actually seemed slightly worse on the FPS than FSX

Have upgraded my system since then 8 core amd and 570 GTX.

Very interested in 2.0. At first I thought it was going to be 64 bit but I guess that's only for the SDK

Just interested in the comments here if its worth the purchase now or wait till some of the issues have been worked out

I'm a vatsim 30,000 feet pilot so GA benefits not so important to be. Autogen only matters in the last 15min of a flight anyways

The improved fog system does spark my interest though.

I don't think those with FS9 are offended but rather rejoicing.  They finally have something they can move to and get all the cool new add-ons with little or no hassle.  FS9er's for the most part might agree with the statement and embrace it as the whole reason we're still using FS9 is because FSX is such a dog (No offence to real dogs, mine just bit me on the leg as I was typing this :blink: ).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2