Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Say something...

Very quiet here lately, I quess everybody busy on flying...

-eelis-

Most people testing Prepar3d.

Not that overwhelming as expected. I still fly MSFlight because it`s just better. Just lacking further content...

I think after all the hubbub about P3d settles down and the holidays pass we might see a bit more activity in the forum. 

I've been very busy for the last couple of months myself and have only had time to check the forums quickly several times a day. No flying and it's getting to me.

Need to get out and stretch my wings. :P

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

NOT Prepar3D! Although I wish them the best of luck.

We are a very, very small community here at Avsim. That is why it is up to all of us, including Steve and myself, to participate in order to keep it alive. Pictures of your flights, of your sim setup, pictures of your pets, or even "old people" jokes.

Speaking of which:

An old man was driving on the freeway when he got a call from his wife.

"Oh, honey, please be careful. I just heard on the radio that there's some car going the wrong way on the freeway."

"It's not one," answered the old man, "it's hundreds of them!"

Best regards.

Luis

• Upvote 1

I'm still here. Still the best flying around for me. Did a couple of jobs today just to keep my hand and mind in. Yes, the group is getting smaller all the time! Trying to check Aero thingies every day as I am still missing some. Been messing around in Aerofly FS waiting for the next big edition to come along. Meanwhile still waiting and hoping for a Seabee to appear one of these days. I did buy it and have been flying it in FSX, It is my only add-on.

Steve

Still around, but Kind of waiting to see if anyone (with the knowledge to do so) bites on the promise of using Stonelances tool to create something good. And of course seeing if the SeeBee arrives. The ability to reliably add some FSX content to FLIGHT could be a game changer.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Now, I am looking at the A2A piper cub. Looks really fun, just what I would like to see in the MSFlight environment. Even thru it is FSX I will have to go for it. Maybe some day it can be ported over.

Steve

I'm heavy into fiddling with X-plane right now, whose major drawback for me remains a hard-to-define feeling of unnaturalness/artificiality. Of course a few add ons have been released to address that, but its still a very mixed bag that I'm mentally trying to put a pretty bow on.

Meanwhile, even with its own faults, I keep remembering the soothing ease of FLIGHT and just starting it up and taking to the air without having to tweak this and tweak that.......

Sigh.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi Dick,

How nice to see you here.

It may take a while, but with Steve's help, we hope to someday create scenery. It seems somewhat more complex, but isn't that always so? :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

I have nothing to say about Flight at this moment. I have been concentrating on other things. One of them is ground school. I'm going to go write my glider pilot entrance exam through cadets. If I do well on the exam and the interview, then I'll be able to go to a training centre in the summer for 6 weeks to learn to fly gliders. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

About Flight: If you want to make a glider, and I have my glider's licence, you can ask me. I should be able to help you, but that's at least 8 months from now.

Also, it's hard to believe that I can actually be this patient when it comes to games, but not patient enough when it comes to other things. I've been waiting for new things from Flight for about 6 months now, and nothing, yet I can be more patient than waiting to watch Hockey Night in Canada.