Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WILDHEART3003

HDR Problem

Hi to all the X-Plane enthusiasts,

With all the recent HD mesh + Skymaxx Pro release for X-Plane, I am finally pull into X-plane website and download the demo version for a try. After playing around with the rendering settings, I want to see what will be the difference with HDR on. But the result is enough for me not to try the product any further.

I have consider pretty high specification PC: Core i7 2700K, ATI 7950, 8mb DDR3 low latency RAM.

I have tried every rendering options from low HDR AA, with combination of high AF and vice versa. Nothing seem to change. I have also play around with the texture resolution, cloud and world detail, no luck!

Enclose are 2 screen shots, one with HDR off:

YZOJ8.png

And with HDR on:

gIUfF.png

And this one in 3D cockpit mode with HDR on:

NkbV.png

The aircraft windscreen has all the line texture and clouds is pixelated. I would appreciate if any experience X-plane simmer can give me some advice. Thanks!

Thx for help, but...

I already have the latest Beta driver 13.11

And, the demo is version 10.25

Well, it happens only with HDR on, so it could be a bug. Try filing a bug report here:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Include a brief description of the problem, a screenshot where the issue is evident (like the last image you posted above), and the "log.txt" file (found in the main X-Plane folder).

It also could be a bad downlod....

I thought the same at first. Deleted the whole X-plane demo folder and tried another download, but still the same. :(

Anyone else using those same beta graphics card drivers and X-plane with no issues?

I would love to hear more from13.11 beta users if they have any issue that similar to my problem before I submit the bug report to xplane. If is the driver then perhaps I will try to back date my driver.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I would love to hear more from13.11 beta users if they have any issue that similar to my problem before I submit the bug report to xplane. If is the driver then perhaps I will try to back date my driver. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hello lad. I have an Radeon HD6670, I'm running the latest beta drivers (13.11) and I have the same problem, only with HDR on... I think I'll try the latest non-beta drivers and see what happens..

Cheers!

Couldn't find the edit button. Anyway, after some light testing, rolling back to the 13.9 drivers seems to solve the tearing and strange lines on the glass.... 

Thanks for the HU. It has now confirm that is the latest beta driver caused the glitch. I must admit X-plane is very nice to fly in dark, the street light look so much realistic. But I can't afford to fork out $59 for now until after Christmas as I am still spending money on fsx add-on. Will definitely see how it goes when version 10.30 release. :)

I find that X-plane still lack of UK airport add-on and more complicated aircraft to fly like PMDG. But I am very impress with the ixeg 737 and developer Beti-X future commitment on X-plane. When it release, I foresee more and more fsx converts follows.