Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bozdog

Cant copy and paste text into a topic or reply anymore?

Hi, last few days I haven't been able to copy and paste plain text into my posts..

eg if I want to copy and paste a bit of the cfg file.

Never had this problem before. Only thing that has changed recently is I have updated to Windows explorer 11

Any ideas?

cheers

Steve

Very sorry seemed to have posted this twice!  can you delete one of them?

thanks

Had the same issues with here and the REX forums with IE11 since I upgraded to it.  I checked the settings in internet options and copy/paste box is checked. Must be a bug between the browser and the forum software.

I was trying to post a video on here the other day and had to use my big machine with firefox to get the job done.

Doogie

Type something, anything. Then highlight it and paste your copied text. That will do the trick.

Cheers!

Never had this problem before. Only thing that has changed recently is I have updated to Windows explorer 11

The only fix I know of is to click the little BBCode mode button in the upper left corner of your post. This will change your post from BBCode to HTML and back again. Actions like Quote, copy and pasting, etc., can only be done in BBCode until a fix can be found. I have found it more convenient to respond to a topic in BBCode Mode and when I click on "Post", the post will appear in HTML.

Best regards,

Jim

The only fix I know of is to click the little BBCode mode button in the upper left corner of your post. This will change your post from BBCode to HTML and back again. Actions like Quote, copy and pasting, etc., can only be done in BBCode until a fix can be found. I have found it more convenient to respond to a topic in BBCode Mode and when I click on "Post", the post will appear in HTML.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes it somewhat works but, with due respect, there's a better solution, roll back to IE10. IE11 has incompatibilities with numerous forums not only at Avsim. I decided to roll  back when unable to post a pic on another forum, going to BBcode cannot help here.

I also have FireFox installed and that works most of the time.

Best regards,

Jim

FF is nice but after one of the umpteenth revisions I never could find a way for it to automatically adapt the page of many sites to fill a full screen. I've very often large white bands on one or two sides. So I went back  to IE which is good too, when MS discovered, after everybody  else in the browser business, the usefulness of tabs.

I also have FireFox installed and that works most of the time.

Best regards,

Jim

Testing, so there you go, it works! (the BBcode trick). Thanks for that Jim.

Yes it somewhat works but, with due respect, there's a better solution, roll back to IE10.

What drives me nuts is that after a couple of bad experiences with IE 11 on my system  (meaning it was screwing with other things) and rolling back to IE 9 in my case, I also told Windows Update to "hide" (forever ignore) updates to IE 11.  I have my Windows Update set to manual control. Despite that Windows Update continued to reposition IE 11 within its critical updates.  Twice I failed to recognize it before I allowed updates to proceed and so twice more I had to roll back.  Evidently each time Microsoft updates IE 11 they put it into Windows Update as a new item, and also removes my previously hidden IE 11 updates from the hidden list.

Microsoft should add IE 11 to its list of malicious software.