Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SierraHotel

Russian plane crash investigators probe fake pilot licenses

Russian investigators are searching the Federal Aviation Agency to determine whether some pilots received fake licenses. The investigation was sparked by a plane crash near the Russian city of Kazan last month that killed 50 people.

Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said in a statement Friday that investigators believe some pilots working for Russian airlines received “fake commercial licenses” in centers certified by the aviation agency.

http://rt.com/news/fake-pilot-licenses-russia-844/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow...

Not too sure what is so 'Wow' about the article, this has been happening for years across the globe, including western airlines.

Whilst this article is not being sensationalist, I can see media outlets picking up on it, making out that in order to get into the left or right seat of an airliner you only take one or two tests like a driving course.

It is looking more and more likely that the real issue with that crash is once again somatogravic illusion, it keeps getting people killed, doesn't matter if a 200 hour newbie or 11000 hour sky god is in command.

Regards

It is looking more and more likely that the real issue with that crash is once again somatogravic illusion, it keeps getting people killed, doesn't matter if a 200 hour newbie or 11000 hour sky god is in command.

I was wondering if there are more people (beside me) with that opinition. That one is a ###### in the night.

As the cold war slowly heats up, this attempt to blame the FAA for the state of Russian comercial aviaion is sadly, not surprising.

As the cold war slowly heats up, this attempt to blame the FAA for the state of Russian comercial aviaion is sadly, not surprising.

Huh????

Not a shocker in Russia could buy any occupation if the price is right. Most wealthy countries they require tests to be pilots, teachers, doctor you cant buy a postion or degree required.